fuse lighted sight

Sniff

Lil-Rokslider
So my Hoyt Powermax came with a Fuse site. There is a battery to light them up. Here in CO it is illegal to shoot with lighted sights. I've contacted CPW and asked if I take off the battery assembly would it be legal to shoot. They said yes. My question is do I take out the cables that light as well or do you think removing the battery assembly is enough?

OFFHNTN

WKR
By "cables" are you referring to the colored fiber optics? If so, NO, do not take them out! That is how your pin gets light and stays bright. As long as there are no batteries or electronics attached to it, you are good to go.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
If CPW said battery assembly, I'd just go with that. On a side note, do you have what they told you in writing or email? .

OP
Sniff

Sniff

Lil-Rokslider
If CPW said battery assembly, I'd just go with that. On a side note, do you have what they told you in writing or email? .

It was over the phone... I've asked the guys at No Limits when they put a new string on and they said just remove the assembly. I was just wanted to make sure or see if anyone else has dealt with this situation.