Gift Ideas for the Wife at Home

OP
PinFloat

PinFloat

FNG
Gives her more time with her boyfriend... :cool:
That's what I call the body pillow she replaces me with when I leave for work every morning haha

We just celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary last week so I dont think she's ready for a boyfriend...yet. But hey, if thats what it takes for me to be gone for 2 weeks... Well, maybe!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

DavePwns

WKR
Similar to what others said. Its not a physical gift, but I always say I'm going to be gone longer then I'm actually planning, coming home "early" is always a nice treat for the wife. If you come home later than you said = no bueno. The week before my scouting / hunting trips when I come home from work I cook dinner each night, watch the kid, and clean the house so that she can relax, take a long bath, have little /no responsibilities when I'm home and enjoy some personal free time since she is an introvert predominately. Before I head out, I'll leave notes hidden around the house saying how much I love and miss her for longer trips. I text her each night before I sleep on the mountain w/ the satellite phone saying everything is going well and that I love her with my GPS location attached to the message. This brings massive peace of mind for her while I'm gone. She loves mac and cheese, doritos, and chocolate so I'll get her favorite snacks before I leave as well. I supposed each wife is a bit different, the main thing is to provide above and beyond support and love since hunting away from the family can be taxing. Doing these things makes her look forward to my many trips rather than dreading them because I go above and beyond to make her feel special / loved :cool:

OP
PinFloat

PinFloat

FNG
Similar to what others said. Its not a physical gift, but I always say I'm going to be gone longer then I'm actually planning, coming home "early" is always a nice treat for the wife. If you come home later than you said = no bueno. The week before my scouting / hunting trips when I come home from work I cook dinner each night, watch the kid, and clean the house so that she can relax, take a long bath, have little /no responsibilities when I'm home and enjoy some personal free time since she is an introvert predominately. Before I head out, I'll leave notes hidden around the house saying how much I love and miss her for longer trips. I text her each night before I sleep on the mountain w/ the satellite phone saying everything is going well and that I love her with my GPS location attached to the message. This brings massive peace of mind for her while I'm gone. She loves mac and cheese, doritos, and chocolate so I'll get her favorite snacks before I leave as well. I supposed each wife is a bit different, the main thing is to provide above and beyond support and love since hunting away from the family can be taxing. Doing these things makes her look forward to my many trips rather than dreading them because I go above and beyond to make her feel special / loved :cool:
Sounds like you have perfected the art of this. I really think you hit it it dead on when you said she should look forward to my trips instead of dreading them. That's exactly what I'll strive for. Thank you!

HookUp

WKR
Reading this I'm glad my wife doesn't keep score on how much I spend and how long I'm gone and make her vacation decisions off my time and money. Hunting is a part of my life style, I guess that's why I was damn careful I married the one I did. A spa day and watching the kids is highly appreciated by my wife. There is no trip for trip or any of that BS. One other thing I always do is invite my wife and tease her about going. It lets her know that traveling is always better together and sets the expectation we always have the option of going together.

Marble

WKR
The best gift I've gotten my wife in the past 5 years has been a mattress cover that has dual zones for heating. Ive never used my side, but in the wont I score extra points when I turn it on preheat and she gets into a nice warm bed.

It was about $80.

She gets the house to herself. Less clothes to wash. Does not have to worry about cooking a dinner unless she wants to. Less trips to the Grocery store, full control of the TV control to watch “her” shows, does not have to pick up or put up anything, toilet lid stays down 24/7, can have the Amazon shipments for the stuff she has bought actually mailed to the house.... I think she is pretty happy to see me go.... and most of all, she gets to hold my trip over my head for the next six months, “ we’ll you got to go do your hunting stuff!” Sounds like a happy woman to me! Definitely a different generation!!

Btaylor

WKR
She gets the house to herself. Less clothes to wash. Does not have to worry about cooking a dinner unless she wants to. Less trips to the Grocery store, full control of the TV control to watch “her” shows, does not have to pick up or put up anything, toilet lid stays down 24/7, can have the Amazon shipments for the stuff she has bought actually mailed to the house.... I think she is pretty happy to see me go.... and most of all, she gets to hold my trip over my head for the next six months, “ we’ll you got to go do your hunting stuff!” Sounds like a happy woman to me! Definitely a different generation!!

I do most all of the cooking, buy all the groceries and have to go to a different room if I want to hold the TV remote much less use it. Have his and hers bathrooms so that is never a discussion. She gets home an hour and a half at least before me so I never know when the amazon deliveries happen. She hates the grocery store so much she just goes with me to CO so she wont have to go while I'm gone. LOL

Wish mine would just go with me , she could stay in camp and chill but she is a home body anyway. After 39 years together we have learned how to work it all out

OP
PinFloat

PinFloat

FNG
She was tired of me always talking about Colorado so I took her there for her first time just last month. 10 days with a concert at Red Rocks that was a bucket list item. Road tripped around the state with tent camping and a couple Airbnb's mixed in. And of course visited some hot springs. She is in love with it and can't wait to go back. She has even mentioned tagging along if I do any solo hunting trips which would be great. We also discussed an 8-10 year plan to make the move out there.

CX5Ranch

WKR
I always stop at a local gift shop...where I'm hunting and try and buy a nice handmade piece from local folks. Places like gunnison, Cheyenne, Glenwood springs, cody, etc have awesome shops in town. Dont forget local tshirts for the kiddos that have a big elk on them!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
PinFloat

PinFloat

FNG
Well, the cash money won out, since she can't work as much when I'm not home. And she somehow also talked me into buying a fireplace/mantle and a 55" TV before I left. She really won out this year! Thanks for the ideas, everyone!

As for me, the trip was fun but unsuccessful. Learned our areas even more but limited interaction with elk. Still a great time and got to try out some new gear! Can't wait for next year!

260madman

WKR
Hire someone to clean the house for her while you’re gone. I’ve been crippled up since the first of May and every 2 weeks someone comes and cleans the house for us. Takes a lot of stress off of her because I can’t help with anything.

Guess this can be an idea for next year.

Fullfan

WKR
Bought my wife a Rumba robot sweeper. He initial reaction was WTF. Now she loves that lil bugger. She can run it when she is away via her phone. Lil pricy at 700.00, but well worth it..

OP
PinFloat

PinFloat

FNG
Bought my wife a Rumba robot sweeper. He initial reaction was WTF. Now she loves that lil bugger. She can run it when she is away via her phone. Lil pricy at 700.00, but well worth it..
We could use one of those as well. Good idea for next year!