Glassing chair? Packable

fwafwow

WKR
Then I have the Macro sized Helinox. If you're doing a sit in leafy for deer, like in an opening within some chapparal terrain. That thing works amazing backed up next to an oak tree. So when you sit back even your head is supported nicely by the tree. Easy to remain motionless for long stretches on that one.
I’m looking at the BTR (in part due to @Ryan Avery mentioning on S2H podcast), but there were some poor reviews. My current need is for the deer hunting you describe and weight isn’t a huge issue, as I’m walking from a truck or cabin. @TheGDog (or anyone else), which is the Macro size Helinox? Hoping also for a Black Friday discount (like there is for BTR). Is it the Zero L?

Last edited:

svivian

WKR

Been using this lately and like it a lot. You can adjust the back to either sit straight up or be able to recline and lounge. It also comes up higher on my back for more support than the helinox. Down side is its 1lb 14oz...... But I like comfort if I'm going to be sitting and glassing all day and not moving much. Hoping to really put it to work coyote hunting this winter.

For reference I'm 6' 3" and 220lbs

fwafwow

WKR

Been using this lately and like it a lot. You can adjust the back to either sit straight up or be able to recline and lounge. It also comes up higher on my back for more support than the helinox. Down side is its 1lb 14oz...... But I like comfort if I'm going to be sitting and glassing all day and not moving much. Hoping to really put it to work coyote hunting this winter.

For reference I'm 6' 3" and 220lbs
This is awesome - thanks. Now to find it on sale!

Marshfly

WKR
I have both a crazy creek and one of those Helinox style chairs. No way would I want to be fumbling with all of those poles on the Helinox while hunting. Also they have a tendency to dig into the ground in soft soil.

Crazy Creek is 100% the way to go IMHO. Just wish they made a blaze orange one for some color on the pack.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have both a crazy creek and one of those Helinox style chairs. No way would I want to be fumbling with all of those poles on the Helinox while hunting. Also they have a tendency to dig into the ground in soft soil.

Crazy Creek is 100% the way to go IMHO. Just wish they made a blaze orange one for some color on the pack.

I have the exact setups as above. Both work and are comfortable but yes, the chair zero is a little pita setting it up. The crazy creek is super fast to set up and also works well. For me, it HAS to have a backrest.......so stools are out for me.
The one issue with the backpack and trekking poles is that you are leaning against two of your rifle rests. So, if a quick shot was needed, your rests would be tied up plus I like to have my pack next to me for access to items and to use as a rifle rest.

Randy