Golden Eagle

Jeff1980

FNG
Has anyone heard from Golden Eagle about flying out of Kotz and hunting in 2023?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Far as I know he is not. He sent out an email after the closure and said he did would not be flying hunters in to hunt high water mark at least in 2022

We canceled our trip. We weren't interested in high water mark anyway.

Idk if he has changed his mind for 2023.

Since they canceled, were you able to get money back? As far as I know, Ram air had some successful hunts flying out of Kotz

Since they canceled, were you able to get money back? As far as I know, Ram air had some successful hunts flying out of Kotz
The projected closure happened rite as we had committed to booking.
Jared told us not to even send the deposit.
So we were out nothing.
He blocked out our dates. And then we canceled once the closure had went thru.
I did not think it would be impossible to have a good hunt. But a part of it was I want to go on a big awesome adventure.
Not wade around under the high water mark hoping something happens.
It just felt like a kick in the balls to me.

VernAK

WKR
So we were out nothing.
I did not think it would be impossible to have a good hunt. But a part of it was I want to go on a big awesome adventure.
I'm afraid we're in for a lot of those kicks to the crotch especially as pertains to WACH.
That's a very honest and respectable performance on the part of Golden Eagle. The Cummings Family is well thought of in this neighborhood.

bmrfish

WKR
So we were out nothing.

We made the same call in 2016 when they closed it before. Can’t say enough good things about Golden Eagle who refunded our deposits without batting an eye. Stand up folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were booked with GE for 2022, rolled over to 2023 and just got an email from them Tuesday saying that they were going to roll us over another year and see how things play out after the closure.

I assumed after last year that it probably wasn’t going to happen in 2023 so we already booked a trip to Kodiak to go blacktail hunting instead.

Yea, I was bummed to get the most recent email saying that they would not be taking us this year either. While disappointing, it was not unexpected. Unfortunately, my hunting partner and I did pay a deposit in 2021 for 2022. Now maybe 2024?

When I booked, he had August dates available but I wanted white manes and hard antlers. Things look different in retrospect.

It does make a guy wonder what Ram is doing differently...

Kodiak would be looking really attractive of I wasn't trying to get rid of my Wyoming elk points.

z987k

WKR
There's Caribou in other parts of the state. Outfitters and air taxis to.

It mite not be different. There just mite not be enough room.
Twice as many hunters mite make it not so great in his eyes.?
Idk
I would not disagree with that from what I've gathered.

I do think they probably have slightly different strategies though.

There's Caribou in other parts of the state. Outfitters and air taxis to.
I never came across any one that seemed solidly reputable, and actually was taking bookings, they were ether already booked 2 yrs out or have a lottery to get a slot.

z987k

WKR
I never came across any one that seemed solidly reputable, and actually was taking bookings, they were ether already booked 2 yrs out or have a lottery to get a slot.
Look at outfitters in Bettles(there's 2), Coldfoot(Coyote) and Fairbanks(many). Hunt Unit 24 or 25.
Or look at Deadhorse/Happy Valley and hunt 26.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
we went in 2022 and scored a nice bull. Not a single complaint. I insisted to hunt though, GE was clear on not violating or appearing to violate a single law or intent of the law. Much respect. All will work out in the end, IMO. Just not the same year we hoped for sometimes.