Gun Broker Consignment Suggestions?

BCD

WKR
I have never sold a gun online although I have bought several. Would people suggest I sell direct or go through a consignment shop? If consignment, are there any specific suggestions for who I might work with?

Thank You!

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
a few things...
some FFLs wont accept a firearm unless it's coming from an FFL.
some people won't bid on an item if you're not able to take credit card payments (which is a whole process to set up in gunbroker)
some people won't bid on your item if you have zero or limited feedback
when it sells gunbroker takes a nice fee from you, plus you have to package your firearm and ship it, and UPS isn't accepting firearms at their generic shipping stores anymore
and you'd need to figure out a good price and/or auction type...

unless you have some super rare and/or weird guns that your locals wouldn't know what to do with, i'd just try to find your LGS and consign with them. they'll take 10-20% and do all the work. no shipping, no finding an FFL to receive it etc....

or there's armslist for local sales if you're interested in meeting the locals

OP
B

BCD

WKR
a few things...
some FFLs wont accept a firearm unless it's coming from an FFL.
some people won't bid on an item if you're not able to take credit card payments (which is a whole process to set up in gunbroker)
some people won't bid on your item if you have zero or limited feedback
when it sells gunbroker takes a nice fee from you, plus you have to package your firearm and ship it, and UPS isn't accepting firearms at their generic shipping stores anymore
and you'd need to figure out a good price and/or auction type...

unless you have some super rare and/or weird guns that your locals wouldn't know what to do with, i'd just try to find your LGS and consign with them. they'll take 10-20% and do all the work. no shipping, no finding an FFL to receive it etc....

or there's armslist for local sales if you're interested in meeting the locals
I have a good FFL so no issues there. By LGS do you mean local gun store?

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
yeah. local gun store. since you have an FFL i'd say next step would be to call around to UPS/FedEx and see if anyone will ship for you. I know our local shipping stores stopped taking firearm shipments.

OP
B

BCD

WKR
yeah. local gun store. since you have an FFL i'd say next step would be to call around to UPS/FedEx and see if anyone will ship for you. I know our local shipping stores stopped taking firearm shipments.
My FFL will ship for me at a very reasonable price. I just need to decide if I want to list it on my own or try to find someone to consign for me on GB.