Gun choices

Lukeduke13

Lil-Rokslider
Wanting some input on which rifle to get. Have narrowed it down to the tikka t3 or the browning x bolt hunter

Wapiti151

WKR
I’d go Tikka for sure, I like my XBolts but my tikkas are more accurate (consistently), have a better trigger, and they are the new Rem 700 when it comes to custom options and aftermarket parts.

RS3579

WKR
I have 4 Brownings and had 1 tikka. I didn’t like the tikka safety. When the bolt on the tikka wasn’t completely closed the safety wouldn’t go to the fire position. It was only opened about 1/8”. A friend of mine has the same issue on his tikka also. Good shooting but just not for me. The Brownings bolt is tighter. I also like the thumb tang safety on the Brownings more. They are both great shooting brands.

Wapiti1

WKR
Both are good rifles. What do you want out of a rifle? Tikka makes several models of the T3 with different stock features, as does Browning.

I would push you toward the Tikka if you think you may ever wear out a barrel, or want to rebarrel it. While you can rebarrel a Browning, fewer gunsmiths will deal with them. Prefit barrels for Tikka are common these days as well as are more aftermarket parts (like stocks).

If you don't have any ideas about customizing, then I'd say the features and fit are what you should look at. Try each out in the store, and see which you like better. Both are going to shoot fine, and provide years of good service.

Jeremy

OP
L

Lukeduke13

Lil-Rokslider
Both are good rifles. What do you want out of a rifle? Tikka makes several models of the T3 with different stock features, as does Browning.

I would push you toward the Tikka if you think you may ever wear out a barrel, or want to rebarrel it. While you can rebarrel a Browning, fewer gunsmiths will deal with them. Prefit barrels for Tikka are common these days as well as are more aftermarket parts (like stocks).

If you don't have any ideas about customizing, then I'd say the features and fit are what you should look at. Try each out in the store, and see which you like better. Both are going to shoot fine, and provide years of good service.

Jeremy
Yeah i keep leaning towards the tikka for that reason too, I just keep talking my self out of it.

OP
L

Lukeduke13

Lil-Rokslider
I’d go Tikka for sure, I like my XBolts but my tikkas are more accurate (consistently), have a better trigger, and they are the new Rem 700 when it comes to custom options and aftermarket parts.
Thanks

Wapiti151

WKR
Which shoulders better?
Good point, go in and touch/feel/shoulder them both and get whichever fits. My XBolt 270 is the most accurate rifle I’ve ever shot. You can’t tell there is a three shot group until you’re about 5 yds away. Still would pick up my tikka first for a hunt though. My other two, I’m selling to fund some hunts and a different rifle. Both will most likely be a good rifle for you…all factory guns can have lemons. Don’t be afraid to look at bergara either, I don’t have one but have heard good things.

OP
L

Lukeduke13

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys! I ended up going with the tikka. Hopefully it’s a shooter.

Brent21

FNG
I think you will be extremely satisfied with your choice. My 16 year switched this year to a Tikka and he loves it. Smooth action and tight groups. What else can you ask for…