Gunwerks ML-Worth the $?

FrontierGander

Lil-Rokslider
Ive always stood up for whats right. And I am simply voicing my concern with 2 lines you posted which pretty much sum up every argument ever to involve inlines LMAO. They are just as accurate as a modern centerfire and those are your words.

I don't bash, I speak whats on my mind and those 2 lines you wrote simply made me sick to my stomach. Thats it, period. Nothing more, nothing less.

And no, I own Buckskins & Black Powder these days. I had to get rid of the forum stuff due to injury and not being able to sit at the computer as much these days. Just to much on my neck and back damage. Not much fun typing when your hands feel like semi frozen slabs of meat with needles sticking in them :D Even cut into my shooting time by at least 95% +

cjparry2

FNG
The scope is the NXS 5.5-22x50 MOAR . I got really tired of breaking scopes, which is why I went with NF.
Yes, its a very capable long range rifle, with either BH209 or SML.
Any of the top custom rifle builders can and will install open sights for those who hunt in states with that requirement. I haven't shot much with open sights since getting older and my eye sight changing, just like most seniors.
They have rear peeps that can be mounted on Picatinny rails. You can use the open sights in those seasons that do not allow scopes and then just remove it and attach your scope where legal.

ENCORE, Thank you for your insights!! Very helpful!!
cjparry2

ENCORE

WKR
Ive always stood up for whats right. And I am simply voicing my concern with 2 lines you posted which pretty much sum up every argument ever to involve inlines LMAO. They are just as accurate as a modern centerfire and those are your words.

I don't bash, I speak whats on my mind and those 2 lines you wrote simply made me sick to my stomach. Thats it, period. Nothing more, nothing less.

And no, I own Buckskins & Black Powder these days. I had to get rid of the forum stuff due to injury and not being able to sit at the computer as much these days. Just to much on my neck and back damage. Not much fun typing when your hands feel like semi frozen slabs of meat with needles sticking in them :D Even cut into my shooting time by at least 95% +

Jon, if you remember correctly...……. my TC Encores and Pro Hunters were ALL more accurate than most CF rifles and most CF shooters could shoot. It was nothing, any given day I could clover leaf or less at 200yds with those rifles. Most guys can't do that with a CF at 100yds.

Sorry such little things make you sick, but again...…. If its not traditional, why get involved?? Its not necessary. When posts are about traditional rifles...…. have at it.
If you just refrain from the modern stuff, you won't get sick

FrontierGander

Lil-Rokslider
you see the point though? When you make statements about an inline being more accurate than a centerfire... You kind of feed those that argue inlines should not be allowed during muzzleloader season. Thats pretty much the point I was hoping to point out.

ENCORE

WKR
you see the point though? When you make statements about an inline being more accurate than a centerfire... You kind of feed those that argue inlines should not be allowed during muzzleloader season. Thats pretty much the point I was hoping to point out.

:) You could have said it that way the first time ;)

For what they are, or rather what they can be, lets not kid anyone. A side hammer in the right hands can be just as accurate as a CF, depending on who's shooting it. You and I both know one guy that could put the hurt on many using a CF, even with open sights himself.

Guys are shooting BP, with paper patched bullets with outstanding accuracy to 1,000yds, from side hammers.
Those rifles, shooting 90grs of Swiss black powder and a 500gr bullet, have more energy than most muzzleloaders at equal distances of 500yds and beyond. What's the difference, other than one has its hammer and ignition source on the side???

When it comes to scopes, then things change differently. Its a well known fact, that as we age, our eye sight becomes almost worthless for using open sights. When scopes are not allowed, it removes many seniors, those who have spent tons of money supporting hunting, completely out of hunting.

The argument, there should be none. Its no different than when people graduated from that long bow to the recurve, and from the recurve to the compound, and now from the compound to the crossbow. It brings out the worst in people who want it their way, or no way at all.

Here's reality...…….. modern inline shooters RARELY talk negative about traditional rifles. On the other hand, those shooting traditional rifles, find every excuse possible to talk negative about modern inline rifles.

I've used the example of the NMLRA and Friendship enough but. one more time...……. You WILL NOT take away a smart phone from a teenager and hand him a rotary phone and him use it. NOT going to happen.
Smart traditionalists have learned, let them shoot what they want, how they want. Then down the road introduce them to traditional rifles. It works! You always catch more flies with honey so to speak.
The NMLRA, full of traditionalists, has learned a very valuable lesson. They now host MANY different modern inline shoots and attendance is higher along with membership.

Then again remember........ some people have to hunt over a 500 acre agricultural field. Flat ground and if... the hunter is lucky, there might be a hedge row to hide in. Worlds are different from state to state.

FrontierGander

Lil-Rokslider
well as long as we got that worked out to a better understanding, thats all that matters right? I wasnt coming out swinging for any shots. Just read those 2 lines and just kinda hit me in a way.

Heck at a game commission meeting, if they were talking about inlines during muzzleloading season and if they should regulate them some how, You wouldnt jump up and say your inline is just as accurate as a centerfire, right? Heck no, most would point out the simple fact that they both load the same and leave it at that.

joelbiltz

WKR
Get ahold of Arrowhead rifles and buy one of his customs. You’ll save money. Have a way better product. Gunwerks items are way overpriced and their customer service sucks!! And this is coming from someone who was a customer of theirs for ten years.