Handgun optics

Carpenterant

Lil-Rokslider
I didn’t see anything on this when I searched, so what optics are you guys using on handguns?

I’m looking at picking up a glock 40 mos and am looking for an optic so I can hunt easier with it.

RMR is the standard by which all mini red dots are measured. For clarity, durability and reliability there’s nothing else that can hang.
I have 5 of them on assorted handguns and have never had an issue with any.

MTRaine

Lil-Rokslider
I have a vortex venom with the 3 moa dot on my 44 mag. Don’t overlook the Burris Fastfires. Trijicon is really the cats meow but it’s a lot of coin for a red dot.

Jo83ben

FNG
I have the leupold deltapoint pro on my sig m18. I chose this over the rmr due to price, and the battery can be removed/changed without removing the optic which if nice. That being said, I’m not actually sure I like having an optic on my pistol. Probably just not used to it yet, but I’m definitely better with iron sights on a pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

308ghost

FNG
I didn’t see anything on this when I searched, so what optics are you guys using on handguns?

I’m looking at picking up a glock 40 mos and am looking for an optic so I can hunt easier with it.
I chose the DDP on my G 40 10mm because I felt it was better for hunting than the competitors. It’s got a great field of view and the glass is quite clear. Perfect when the lighting isn’t quit perfect. I mounted it on a CHPWS plate for extra security. It doesn’t bother me to swap my battery out once or twice a year. My only complaint about this and I’m sure any optic in this category was rain or water from trees collecting on the lens. I have the Dawson precision co witness sights on there too for that reason and if the battery went down. If it’s wet at all, you have to turn off the dot and run irons threw the glass. The optic has a lifetime guarantee and that company has been around threw it all. I feel very secure purchasing an optic from a company like Leupold.

Last edited: