Handy Kitchen Gadgets

A jaccard meat tenderizer should be in everyone's kitchen

2nd this bigtime, got one and then bought one for my dad and brother also...adding a little Adolfs meat tenderizer to the surface and then using this has my not-a-big-fan-of-wild-game wife liking elk more than restaurant steak now

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

You lost me at not pulling pork by hand ....
The claws work great when you have a half dozen or more butts to shred.

I draw the line at an egg beater....my southern upbringing only allows me to go so far down that road.

Egg beater in drill works great for scaling a mess of crappie!

I worked in a proto Starbucks type, fancy coffee place as a kid in high school and picked up an iced coffee habit. They used Toddy brewers there and so have I for the last 30 years. Easy to use and the results are awesome. If you like iced coffee, get one and you will love it.

Kilboars

WKR
I worked in a proto Starbucks type, fancy coffee place as a kid in high school and picked up an iced coffee habit. They used Toddy brewers there and so have I for the last 30 years. Easy to use and the results are awesome. If you like iced coffee, get one and you will love it.

If you’re an Ice Coffee fan be sure and pour your old hot coffee into an ice cube tray and put in the freezer for coffee ice cubes.

So as the ice is melting the ice coffee stays great tasting and doesn’t get watered down.

Fantastic and it’s free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kilboars

WKR
I only drink Cuban coffee myself and this is a great espresso maker.
Alessi
20cac053183e6871aced1555c777a86c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also treated myself to a tortilla press this year. You just can't get good corn tortillas around me anywhere so I thought I'd take a shot at making my own.
My god... night & day difference! They're super quick & easy, maybe 5 minutes to crank out a dozen, & so much better than the store bought they might as well be a different food.
I'll never go back.

Get a blackstone and you can cook about a dozen at a shot ....

These two gadgets have been a godsend for prepping vegetables.
View attachment 663631

The Kitchenaid slicer/shredder attachment has made quick work of everything I've put through it so far (broccoli, carrots, kale, potatoes). The housing says not dishwasher safe, but I've been running it through on the top rack with no problems yet.

I wouldn't have believed there could be much difference in vegetable peelers until I tried a y-peeler, but I'm a believer now. Something about having the blade perpendicular to the handle makes it much more ergonomic and makes it cut better.

Y'all have any favorite kitchen gadgets that the rest of us should know about?
Chef IQ thermometer is a… you guessed it… game changer! In less douschy terms, it’s a great kitchen gadget

The spring loaded meat tenderizer is another must have if you don’t have a meat cuber for wild game, I use mine several days a week, marinate in olive oil, and everyone who eats game meat loves it, even those that claim not to… trim tediously when processing, tenderize, don’t overcook, and even vegans will like a rutty old buck

Sous vide is another handy kitchen gadget

GSPHUNTER

WKR
2nd this bigtime, got one and then bought one for my dad and brother also...adding a little Adolfs meat tenderizer to the surface and then using this has my not-a-big-fan-of-wild-game wife liking elk more than restaurant steak now

I just got one, I'll report back. I have a elk top round to cook up the weekend.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I just got one, I'll report back. I have a elk top round to cook up the weekend.
Reporting back on Jaccard. Order one right now. I used it on the top round, not a tender cut of
Elk, not until I used Jaccard tenderizer, I am simply amazed. No Adolphs tenderizer what so ever, I use kosher salt and fresh ground pepper only. Thanks for the great tip.

Last edited:
Damn it! this thread got me to buy a meat tenderizer and a Toddy cold brew. I thought I had my kitchen game dialed... Wrong.

Reporting back on Jaccard. Order one right now. I used it on the top round, not a tender cut of
Elk, not until I used Jaccard tenderizer, I am simply amazed. No Adolphs tenderizer what so ever, I use kosher salt and fresh ground pepper only. Thanks for the great tip.
Glad to hear it, it makes a pretty amazing difference. Credit to cnelk for the original suggestion.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
My favorite-and I only drink one cup of coffee a day, and buy Peet’s or Costco brand beans. The flavor is no comparison from pre ground. Using it in regular drip maker.

Attachments

• IMG_1737.jpeg
    IMG_1737.jpeg
    229.8 KB · Views: 14