Hang on stand with sticks?? Recommendations ??

xop vanish and 4 lone wolf sticks is a slick affordable set up. I have long legs and rarely use the 4th stick and could get away with 3 for a majority of the sits.

I would opt for the LW sticks over the xop's myself for the same $$. However it's your money and the xop's would likely work comparably

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
My concern about LW is, without owning either of course, is having a single step verus a double. Just thinking out loud here. I am trying to justify the $170 hang on versus a small and cheap $60 with good reviews. Why would I not do that if it is not heavy and has back straps?

ao9488

FNG
That's a good price it seems from a quick Google search. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the ultra light hang ons. Lone Wolf, XOP, Millennium.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
My concern about LW is, without owning either of course, is having a single step verus a double. Just thinking out loud here. I am trying to justify the $170 hang on versus a small and cheap $60 with good reviews. Why would I not do that if it is not heavy and has back straps?

If a cheap hang on was the same as a Lone Wolf then Lone Wolf would be out of business.....

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
If a cheap hang on was the same as a Lone Wolf then Lone Wolf would be out of business.....

Well, based on my count, I had 195-200 sits last season with my XOP climber. I guess it makes sense to me to trust using a XOP $170 hang on.

Last edited:

*zap*

WKR
The xop quick hang bracket is very good, it has offset capability and you can also cam lock it. Great for leaving out and taking stand home or even for mobile hang and hunt.....just hang the bracket first and the stand goes up e-z. I use xop silver and maximus plus a gen 1 Lone Wolf assault. With 7 quick hang brackets I have plenty of options on the public land by leaving out a bracket and bolts for my api skyhook steps. I use one stick at the bottom with a 20" aider which keeps the bolts out of other peoples eye level.
Going back to a tree that you have cleared minimal shooting lanes with the bracket there already you get the stand in the appropriate place easily to utilize the lanes.

isu22andy

WKR
The xop quick hang bracket is very good, it has offset capability and you can also cam lock it. Great for leaving out and taking stand home or even for mobile hang and hunt.....just hang the bracket first and the stand goes up e-z. I use xop silver and maximus plus a gen 1 Lone Wolf assault. With 7 quick hang brackets I have plenty of options on the public land by leaving out a bracket and bolts for my api skyhook steps. I use one stick at the bottom with a 20" aider which keeps the bolts out of other peoples eye level.
Going back to a tree that you have cleared minimal shooting lanes with the bracket there already you get the stand in the appropriate place easily to utilize the lanes.

Exactly what I do on shared private ground , use screw in steps and a bracket, just carry my stand in . No matter how light weight they sound after about a mile they all suck to carry .

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
I made a decision. Just ordered the XOP Air raid for $169.99 and the Hawk Helium sticks 3 pack for $119.99. No shipping, no tax and free returns.

Thanks for all the help. Now I will see if three sticks will be enough.

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
Anyone use the rope mod with the 2019 Hawk Heliums? I'm wondering what size rope is needed to fit behind the versa button to bind properly. I see others using 8mm rope but that is on other versa buttons.

BRoth82

WKR
I loop the tag end around the back of the main loop then do 2 half hitches, pull the bottom of the stick out a little and push down to lock it in place.

ebubedike

FNG
It kinda depends on how you plan on hunting. If your a stick-n-move kinda hunter that wants light and quiet and secure, I'd get a summit talon. If you want to keep it stationary for long sets, everybody brags on them millenniums, but I haven't set one of those.