Mobile stand setup 2023

I don't have to carry my climbers on my back so I use Summit Titans. All day comfort and a nice rail to shoot off of. I’m a large unit and feel secure in my Titans.

No_Murphy

FNG
I've got a hawk helium stick with scout platform and a 2 step aider. Most of the time I use it when I go to a new hunting spot or don't know where I want to put a climber. I eventually want the new tethrd sticks and some sort of platform. Seems like those would work better than a one stick and allow for easier access up a tree.

dj1975232

Lil-Rokslider
Finally got out of a climber this year. XOP X2 sticks and a saddle. Went from a 24 lbs climbing system to an 8 lb system. I'm never going back!

Lowg08

WKR
Using a summit climber this year. Have a saddle as well but prefer a stand.

@Lowg08 thoughts on the retrograde? How is the platform size? Have had my eye on that stand but curious on the sizing.
Hey. I sat 4.5 hours in it today and it’s really a comfortable stand especially for its size. Really light too. I was able to sit, lean and lean into the rock climbing harness like a saddle. Really impressed right now

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
Overwatch transformer and a tethrd standard platform. I use a cut down hawk helium that I converted into a one stick with a 2 step aider. I then rappel down when I’m done.

I hunt only public and walk a minimum of 3/4 mile from my truck. Really enjoy the compactness and how light everything is after switching to a one stick. I’m tempted by the tethrd one’s as my oldest can now climb up into the tree with me. We did it last year using the remaining Hawk heliums that I have but I hate lugging those 30” sticks around.

cjp584

FNG
Finally got my tethrd finished. Phantom with hawk helium sticks and a 5 step aider.

I'm generally a ground hunter because I'm a Westerner who's been banished to the East Coast since 9/11. Stand hunting generally bores me to tears.I have learned to apply what I know about being mobile to where I hunt now. I'm also a climber so ropes and saddles make sense to me for weight and mobility. Because of that I carry a single stick with 2-step aider and a platform on my Eberlestock Bandit and wear a Tethrd saddle with 35' of rope and hardware. Before, I just carried the pack with what I needed for the day so it wasn't a huge change for me except that if I get into an area I want to stay in for a while and need to get off the grind it's a quick and quiet climb. When I'm finished, I rappel down and retrieve my rope. It's not as comfortable as a climber but it fits my needs better.

Zdub02

WKR
Hey. I sat 4.5 hours in it today and it’s really a comfortable stand especially for its size. Really light too. I was able to sit, lean and lean into the rock climbing harness like a saddle. Really impressed right now
The weight is what caught my eye the most. Platform size has me hesitant, so I've been comparing that one and the cold world. Good to hear about the comfort. Thanks for the review/update.

Lowg08

WKR
The weight is what caught my eye the most. Platform size has me hesitant, so I've been comparing that one and the cold world. Good to hear about the comfort. Thanks for the review/update.
Oh yea. Anytime. Im back in it today. As we speak. The more I use it the more im
Getting closer to loving it. Especially one stick climbing with it. Very easy and light to hang. Take into consideration I’m 6’2” 240. Built like a silver back gorilla and a size 13 shoe. A smaller guy will have way more room

Robate

FNG
Novix hang on, Hawk helium sticks with EWO 20” cable aiders (x3).

I wouldn’t say my set up is “mobile” I tend to leave them on my property for weeks at a time. But it does allowing me to switch up stand locations frequently as the season progresses.

fatlander

WKR
XOP vanish evolution w/ LWCG minis, cable aiders and amsteel daisy chains

Quieter than the LWCG 1.0, couple pounds heavier and a fraction of the price. The LWCG j-hooks fit the sticks to my XOP like they were built for it. Having hunted with LWCG 1.0 and the XOP extensively the past few years, I would pay more for the XOP than the LWCG stand. They stand just isn’t that great. It’s very loud compared to cast stands. Their sticks are second to none though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCMCUBIC

WKR
I'll use a couple that I've used in the past:

1. Short or 1/2 day hunts - saddle with loan wolf seat as platform

2. Longer hunts - saddle with M7 - super comfortable seat, can flip it up and use as saddle

New one to try out this year:

3. Saddle with "Lil Ambush" - will be used in same manner as M7 - I doubt it will be as comfortable but it is very compact.

Will repel this year. Played around with it last week and loved it.

All climbing is done no stick with a ladder aider connected to a tether. As simple, light, and packable as it gets.

For the past 4-5 seasons i've used a LW assault 2 with 3 hawk mini's. Ditched the cam buckles for daisy chains. Also used a backwoods mobile gear 3 step aider on the bottom stick. Have been pretty happy with that set-up.

This year when the Novix Raider went on its pre order sale I ordered one, along with the new X2 sticks from XOP. Haven't got to hunt with them yet, but looking forward to seeing how they compare.

Both platforms are roughly the same weight and size, but he X2 sticks are noticeably lighter and seem better quality than the hawk mini's. Also have a better stand off distance with the X2s which is really nice if you have bigger feet/boots.

Reedler

FNG
ea8ceb1dd6d978a51d5215d3237e1b34.jpg

This setup served me well last year. LWCG .5 with four 17” LWCG Compact Sticks and a Kuiu Stalker 500 pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macintosh

WKR
I'll use a couple that I've used in the past:

1. Short or 1/2 day hunts - saddle with loan wolf seat as platform

2. Longer hunts - saddle with M7 - super comfortable seat, can flip it up and use as saddle

New one to try out this year:

3. Saddle with "Lil Ambush" - will be used in same manner as M7 - I doubt it will be as comfortable but it is very compact.

Will repel this year. Played around with it last week and loved it.

All climbing is done no stick with a ladder aider connected to a tether. As simple, light, and packable as it gets.

Are you essentially “one sticking” with a aider/tether as the stick? Curious if you can post a pic of the setup on a tree? Interested in seeing how you have everything attached together, if youre using double step aiders or staggered, etc.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
Are you essentially “one sticking” with a aider/tether as the stick? Curious if you can post a pic of the setup on a tree? Interested in seeing how you have everything attached together, if youre using double step aiders or staggered, etc.

Two tethers are attached to the tree:
1. The tether to saddle - it should be highest on the tree
2. The tether for the ladder aider - it should be lower on the tree than the saddle tether

Climb ladder aider, at the top of the ladder aider I loosen and slide my saddle tether up, sit in the saddle, loosen and slide the tether for the ladder aider up, and repeat.

I keep a third tether for spots where I may need to go around a limb, etc.

The ladder aider is easy to climb if you hold the back of the tree with your hands and use your toe in each step for standoff from tree. At the top of the ladder aider I hook the tree with my off foot while sliding the saddle tether up.

Here's an example of a ladder aider:

Macintosh

WKR
@JCMCUBIC gotcha—yes, that is exactly what I meant by one-sticking with a aider/tether as the stick, thanks. Certainly light and packable. How do you attach the aider to its tether?