Mobile stand setup 2023

ea8ceb1dd6d978a51d5215d3237e1b34.jpg

This setup served me well last year. LWCG .5 with four 17” LWCG Compact Sticks and a Kuiu Stalker 500 pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are you using the LWCG straps with the stalker attached to that?

Bobrunner06

Lil-Rokslider
Will be trying to saddle hunt all year. Picked up gear over a couple years. Tethrd menace saddle. 3 beast sticks with 2 step aider on bottom stick. Lattitude platform. We'll see how it goes. Excited for the Michigan opener on Oct 1

Attachments

• IMG_6972.jpeg
    IMG_6972.jpeg
    577.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6973.jpeg
    IMG_6973.jpeg
    360.3 KB · Views: 23
LWCG .5 and 9 cranford rope steps that i spliced amsteel onto so i can get on really small to pretty big trees.

The steps fit in my two saddle pouches as do my Lineman’s and tether. So i can just walk up to a tree, loop my lineman’s around it, and reach in my pouches to pull steps out and i’m climbing.

I found sticks to be too bulky and cumbersome for mobile hunting and i couldn’t figure out a good way to carry them so i could just walk up to a tree and start climbing as i had to lash them to my stand. Also found it a pain to climb with them compared to the steps.

Mtns2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
I must be out of tune with the current treestand culture. Never used a treestand out West. In the East I have a couple Summit Climbers and use several vintage climbers off e-bay. I also use ladder stands on private land. Whatever works and is comfortable is the go to way in my opinion. Saddles are an interesting spin off but not my idea of comfort. Plus public and private land are within twenty minutes from my house. As for weight I use a deer haul (a one wheel) to move my climbers.

XOP Vanish evolution hang on. With 4 big game double step sticks that are way to heavy and need to be replaced next.

Reedler

FNG
are you using the LWCG straps with the stalker attached to that?

e05cabc5e5f73018fd6ad88e15dcd320.jpg

I just flipped the compression straps on the stalker and attach it to the stand that way. These are older pictures. I’m running the TX5 straps on it now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive been using a lone wolf alpha 2 with the tree step sticks. 9/10 hunts I use just three sticks and leave the fourth at home. Early season I just take the stand and sticks on my back but later in the year as it gets colder I put the stand in my Stryker XL because I am packing in more clothes. Only problem I have is sometimes in thick brush my long sticks will catch on things. I have been thinking of going to two step sticks but just have not picked any up yet. Every year I usually kill 3-4 deer out of that lone wolf, been hunting with it since 2014

Ive been using a lone wolf alpha 2 with the tree step sticks. 9/10 hunts I use just three sticks and leave the fourth at home. Early season I just take the stand and sticks on my back but later in the year as it gets colder I put the stand in my Stryker XL because I am packing in more clothes. Only problem I have is sometimes in thick brush my long sticks will catch on things. I have been thinking of going to two step sticks but just have not picked any up yet. Every year I usually kill 3-4 deer out of that lone wolf, been hunting with it since 2014
How do you like the Stryker xl for carrying your stand/sticks? Ive been looking into getting a back that will allow me to do this. The Stryker xl and mystery ranch pop-up look like good choices for this.

How do you like the Stryker xl for carrying your stand/sticks? Ive been looking into getting a back that will allow me to do this. The Stryker xl and mystery ranch pop-up look like good choices for this.
I personally love it. I go down to MO for the muzzleloader season after Christmas every year and I have packed out my stand and a quartered deer in a single trip without any issues. I love how it carries weight. This past summer I used it every few days to haul in a 5 gallon bucket full of bear bait. A very quality pack with a ton of uses.

I use a hawk helium Goliath with lonewolf sticks that I changed out the single steps with double steps and added cable aiders. Also added backpack straps to the platform. I use for dense areas, lowlands, anywhere with small or scraggly looking trees.
I use a summit climber for areas with straight trunk larger trees. The summits feel like a recliner. Would rather use it for all day sits during the rut but big deer don’t typically like big open timber hence having the other setup.
The last mobile setup is “no stand” aka hunting on the ground. If it’s marsh, grassland, acres of brush etc you best hunt the deer and not hunt for the perfect killing tree. Hunt the deer where the deer are, not where you want the deer to be. Just my 2 cents