Has anyone used Huntin Fool services?

A friend and myself were at the SCI convention today in Dallas and we stopped by the Huntin Fool booth. Listened to the whole rundown. I’m typically a pretty hard sale on most things, but it sounded like a decent service for how low the cost was. Just using them to submit all your applications for you to where you don’t have to fill anything out or worry about any deadlines seemed like a good deal. Plus all other help they offer once you do get drawn, or even helping you decide where/what to apply for. I did not sign up today, but I’m thinking about it. I think it’s like $100-$120 a year, plus you get their magazine once a month. Just wanted to get some feedback on them if anyone had used their services.

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
I pay to get the online version of their magazine. I contact them to see if any prior members have recently held a tag I draw. That member contact list of prior tag holders has been very useful as my hunts are non-resident, hard to draw, so have never set foot in the unit and will not likely ever again after the hunt ends. Never bought any other services such as applying on my behalf. I set reminders using Google Calendar and try to apply a full two weeks before the deadline for those hunts.

Jardo

WKR
I use Epic tag service. $500 for unlimited species and states. I used to do apply on my own but I think a service is worth the money so I don’t have to second guess my strategy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Huntinfool is $100ish just for the membership and magazine. It does not include their application service, that is another charge per state and species. It’s an ok source of information as far as tags, dates, very general descriptions of areas, and the member draw list (hit or miss). I’m a member and use it for those reasons mentioned and also it’s a good source to know where to not apply if you read between the lines.
I’d put in your own apps, going to save you a lot of money of applying multiple states. Hunting out west is all research, unless you can get boots on the ground multiple times in late summer, research will determine your success in a lot of ways. Going to a state’s game and fish page and clicking the link with instructions/deadlines isn’t a big hurtle.

NoWiser

WKR
There is only one person I trust to do my own apps, and that is me. Not to mention my strategy evolves through application season depending on tags drawn and life circumstances. I also want to be able to think for myself and try to avoid units a service like Huntin Fool is pushing to increase my draw odds.

I used to use Huntinfool. Signed up for GoHunt and haven't looked back

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk