Heads up everyone,

Grundy53

WKR
What she fails to understand (along with most things it seems) is that declaring a national emergency on the border doesn't violate the Constitution or our rights. If anything it reinforces citizen's rights, instead of giving more rights to illegals. Her example of the next Dem President declaring a national emergency on guns would violate the Constitution and our rights.
Exactly!

4ester

WKR
Civil war in 3.....2......1........

Would take some balls to declare a national emergency and negate something written in my constitution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
Can someone explain how a small government conservative is supposed to reconcile Trump's decision to unilaterally declare a national emergency?

Can't wait to for 2020 when a democrat is inevitably in the WH to see what kind of national emergencies we're dealing with then. Gun violence? Climate change?

Well, if you actually believe that this country will go to small government without some kind of catastrophic event your not living within the scope of reality. If allowed to continue the flow of non Americans into the USA will change the USA forever..... it already has done a lot of damage to us. Therefore build the wall by any means necessary and that is a good start but other things need addressing also. Gun rights is something that is protected by the constitution but your greatest threat to that is state laws. Drastic changes in a effort to address climate change will cause to much discomfort to voters.

If a president tried to declare a national emergency related to guns there would be blood in the street. Regardless, I will be purchasing several additional firearms prior to the 2020 election and not the kind I use to hunt.

We will see this come to a head in our life time, of that I have no doubt.

My only opposition to the wall is the inevitable use of eminent domain. I'm a bit of an absolutist on certain issues.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Can someone explain how a small government conservative is supposed to reconcile Trump's decision to unilaterally declare a national emergency?

This is kind of a package deal. The biggest problems we have in this country are illegals flooding over the border and our unlimited welfare system. They go hand in hand as well. The first step is to eliminate/reduce the influx of illegals into the country. The next step is to eliminate government welfare........period. That also has carryover into healthcare, education, and other free benefits that are currently out there. Ever hear of Obama phones? We have illegals here who's kids have smartphones, thanks to Obama. I don't even have a smartphone, yet we had a President giving them out to illegals on our dime. That's messed up, yet only a very minuscule part of the overall problem. The bigger problem is liberals that refuse to want to do anything to change all this. But in their mind, if we have open borders, then we have no sovereign nation, and if we have no sovereign nation, then we have no Constitution. If we have no Constitution, then they can easily rule the people.

Broomd

WKR
Neverenough, thanks for the clarity here.
These national emergencies have been enacted many times. They aren't the best solution, imho, but the border is a disgrace and has been for decades. The dems don't give a sh t, a weak border only helps them demographically and everyone knows that.
And with these emegency declaraions the difference is that the Dems never let a good crisis go to waste. You never heard a peep for them with O or Carter. They are lying, pandering sh tbags. Whatever happens in 2020, the DJT years may be portrayed as chaos by the media, but the rest of the country is enjoying the fruits of a POTUS who really loves this country and is striving to actually keep his freaking word.

Ever hear of Obama phones? We have illegals here who's kids have smartphones, thanks to Obama. I don't even have a smartphone, yet we had a President giving them out to illegals on our dime. That's messed up, yet only a very minuscule part of the overall problem.

Wow, you should educate yourself. I know it would be hard to blame the left for all the worlds problems if you did. Ill give you a hint. The program was started under a republican and expanded in 1996 and again in 2008, under another republican. Also, it’s not taxpayer funded.

I might as well throw in my gripes too. I don’t like illegals walls or windmills and I simply can’t abide how they demonize success and subsidize failure at every turn. Listening to the way progressives talk about successful people with absolute vitriol- while they pander to the absulute lowest and poorest and work exceedingly hard to keep them that way....

It bothers me that they don’t want poor people to get richer. That’s the opposite of the American Dream.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Wow, you should educate yourself. I know it would be hard to blame the left for all the worlds problems if you did. Ill give you a hint. The program was started under a republican and expanded in 1996 and again in 2008, under another republican. Also, it’s not taxpayer funded.

I believe you're confusing the Lifeline program with the free smartphone program. The Lifeline program pays only for "service", not the phones themselves. And there is a Lifeline charge on every phone service bill that us consumers pay so that they can have this phone service.

Smartphones didn't exist before 2006 so it couldn't have started prior to 1996. These illegals have gotten actual free smartphones under some program started under the Obama Administration. All you have to do is ask them........and they'll tell you they got them for free under Obama.

Edit: If you look at this website perhaps they've merged or expanded on the Lifeline program to include phones now too. And if you read it, they say "a free government benefit program that offers affordable phone service to eligible Americans. Q Link gives qualifying customers their first smartphone at absolutely no cost, plus free monthly calling & data. Qualify through programs like SNAP and Medicaid, or based on your household income. Ya, we're paying for it, regardless when it was started or who started it. Either way it's a bad program that shouldn't have been mandated through the government.

Last edited:
I believe you're confusing the Lifeline program with the free smartphone program. The Lifeline program pays only for "service", not the phones themselves. And there is a Lifeline charge on every phone service bill that us consumers pay so that they can have this phone service.

Smartphones didn't exist before 2006 so it couldn't have started prior to 1996. These illegals have gotten actual free smartphones under some program started under the Obama Administration. All you have to do is ask them........and they'll tell you they got them for free under Obama.

Edit: If you look at this website perhaps they've merged or expanded on the Lifeline program to include phones now too. And if you read it, they say "a free government benefit program that offers affordable phone service to eligible Americans. Q Link gives qualifying customers their first smartphone at absolutely no cost, plus free monthly calling & data. Qualify through programs like SNAP and Medicaid, or based on your household income. Ya, we're paying for it, regardless when it was started or who started it. Either way it's a bad program that shouldn't have been mandated through the government.

I agree its a bad program. Too bad you had to use made up information to express it.

It was expanded to cell phones under Bush I believe. It is paid for by a surcharge on phone bills, not federal or state taxes. None of it was started under Obama and someone saying they got the phone from Obama doesn't change that and is a poor source.

Rich M

WKR
I do understand folks bringing their kids and throwing them over the line. I'd probably do the same.

Build the flipping wall.

I can make it real easy - start vibrating in steel sheet piles, one right after another. Set up at 20 ft high and 40 ft deep. Put razor wire on top. Cheap - easy, unsightly, and sure to turn away the next caravan of illegals who will ruin the country for your kids and grandchildren.

cmahoney

WKR
Come on guys, Pelosi has over 100 years of experience in government, she knows what she is talking about. Gun crimes in Chicago are out of control, it only make sense to regulate firearms in the hands of guys on Rokslide. Please have some compassion.

I think the wall is a great idea to slow down the influx of drugs and large groups of foreigners. But, we still waste way to much money on illegals, a dime spent on illegals is to much, so we need to stop giving them handouts and punish those who employ, house and harbor them. At the end of the day they’re criminals regardless of why they came here.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I agree its a bad program. Too bad you had to use made up information to express it.

Lifeline was created under Reagan to subsidize to the "poor"........phone "service" using an FCC TAX........or fee as they'll call it, but it's a federal tax. Bush expanded the program to cell phone "service". But it was under Obama's tenure that actual phones (i.e. smartphones) were handed out, and that is when this program ballooned out of control and got the moniker Obama Phones........and rightfully so. https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/mobile/these-states-depend-obama-phone-most-n378741

This is one of those "follow the money" programs. Regardless of whether Obama handed them out personally, or started/allowed/expanded the use of government subsidies to these Lifeline phone companies to hand them out for free, the facts are that we are paying for smartphones that are either being used by illegals, or obtained and then sold for drugs etc by illegals. I don't believe any of this information is "made up".

I live in the ghetto. The GHETTO. And spend most of time recreationally or for work I’m very rural areas. And the parallels and abuses are depressing. Family dollar and little crappy haji mart gas stations with ATMs that ring up as grocers and take ebt cards, people standing outside the store with ebt card swapping it out for cash. That’s real. I see it all the time. And everyone is High and scamming for there next one. and the dems fight hard to keep it that way. That’s not humanitarian, it’s not compassionate, it’s criminal, and it’s absulutly inhuman to treat your fellow man like that’s how they should live. It’s an abomination that we would enable and provide fornthat kind of existence