Help me scope my gun please!

aorams

Lil-Rokslider
Hello forum! I have a sako finnlight coming next week and have not chosen an optic to mount on it yet. This will primarily be a deer rifle with an expected max range of about 250 to 300 yards. I already have a 300 winmag mounted with a dialed scope so I feel like my long range needs are covered. What I'd like to do is maximize quality and durability while minimizing weight and spend less than $1000. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

TxxAgg

WKR
I had 3 Swaro z3's. They are great. I have a couple Meoptas now and think they are just as good for half the price.
I would look at the fixed 6x42 or a 3-9x40

brsnow

WKR
Trijicon AccuPoint 3-9x40 13 oz . Glass seems great, illumination without batteries is amazing. I have the green mil dot, but they have other choices. Really impressed, I also have z3 and swfa for comparison.

Millerish

FNG
I definitely agree with the Swaro Z3, you will not be disappointed! I prefer my nicer European rifles with european optics, simply my preference.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I recently got a screaming deal on (another) Kimber mountain ascent in 6.5cm, I wanted to keep it light and handy and as compact as possible as a sheep hunting rifle and figured I don’t need anything with dials just a good lightweight optic with good glass.

I feel lucky to have found a good deal on a z3 3-9x36 with a basic plex reticle. It checks all the boxes. I was going to get another leupold vx3i 2.5-10 but found the z3 for really only about 100.00 more than the leupold. I’m actually looking forward to comparing the 2 side by side.