Help me spend $500 on Kuiu

HoneyDew

WKR
So I have $500 to spend at Kuiu. I have most of my clothes already or I’d just get what I need. If you had to pick 1-3 pieces from Kuiu that beat the other brands’ equivalent piece what would they be? Or maybe they have something great that the other brands don’t address? If not clothes is there something else?

jtivat

Lil-Rokslider
Oh, I love there 145 merino and 200 merino. Plus anything from there peloton line for everyday clothes.

Geewhiz

WKR
My kuiu list goes like this. Peloton 240 full zip hoodie, super down pro pants, and id also like to try their chugach jacket even though I already have a yukon. Kinda want to try the proximity jacket too but worried I might get mistaken for a midwest whitetail hunter...

BigAl!

WKR
Peloton 97. Warm and cozy. Dries quickly. Peloton 240 hoody over that. Also love the axis pants for late season.

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
Good thing is, with the Labor Day sale, your $500 will buy a lot more today than yesterday. The rubicon jacket is especially a deal since it makes a great jacket for daily wear but has good features if you take it to the field.
The 145 zip off merino pants are great!

ChrisAU

WKR
Kutana pants and Peloton 97 QZ and Hoody are both pieces that nothing else comes close to for my use. Big fan of their OTC socks as well.

Snowhunter11

Lil-Rokslider
It all really depends on your use of course..Attack or Kutana pant. Peloton shirts are great. Yukon gaiters also. Easy to spend $500 at kuiu even with the sale!

OP
H

HoneyDew

WKR
Thanks for all the feedback so far. I was originally looking at the Yukon raingear but I guess that’s been discontinued. I reached out and they said a replacement was coming. Not sure if the waterfowl line covers that or if there is something else coming.

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
So I have $500 to spend at Kuiu. I have most of my clothes already or I’d just get what I need. If you had to pick 1-3 pieces from Kuiu that beat the other brands’ equivalent piece what would they be? Or maybe they have something great that the other brands don’t address? If not clothes is there something else?
I really like the Axis jacket (my favorite softshell ever) and the attack pants. I also really like the old Chugach jacket but I dunno if they still make that as I bought mine on close out. I also love their Tiburon pants and shirt for hot weather fishing and hunting. I will be wearing them in the dove field in South Georgia tomorrow.

Hmmm I’d say my favorite pieces are tiburon pants (hard to beat for early season), peloton 97 top and bottom, and guide pants. I also wear the kenai jacket a lot. Their down is good but there’s a lot of options there. I do like all their synthetic tops and base layers..just depends on what you’re missing in your setup. Hard to go wrong pretty much everything I have from Kuiu is good stuff and gets used hard.

cmahoney

WKR
The Tiburon pants are my favorite warm weather pants and fit me much better than the attacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hobolance

FNG
I'd say the Kutana Storm Shell is the closest to the Yukon, it has 2way zip which is better imo except the cuffs are not great and kutana and kutana is less breathable. Kutana is lighter though

Their tents are on sale.

For clothes the Kutana stretch pants, Peleton 97 for sure. I'd round it out with a Peleton 200 and a few of their general use sun hoodies for everyday wear because we spend a lot of time fishing in the sun.

jd1006

WKR
If I had $500 right now:

Kutana Stretch Woven Pants
A set of Peloton 97 (hoody and zip offs)
Axis Thermal Jacket

I think those are the best things Kuiu has going.