Help needed Down insulating jacket to fit 6’5” frame

Brettboss

FNG
I have the Sitka Fanatic jacket in extra large-tall that fits well but I would prefer down for this insulating later. Seems like first lite and kuiu are cut true to extra large sizing, too small for me. Any other down jackets come to mind for guys with longer arms and torso? Thanks.

Bärenjäger

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 6'5" and have Kuiu superdown ultra non hooded jacket. Size XL. Fits perfect. And I have a 6'7" armspan.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I like my SKRE ptarmigan jacket, but their sizing is on the small size. I’m 6’1” but my back probably isn’t much shorter than yours (short legs). In “athletic fit” stuff I’m more a large, but if it’s not athletic fit it’s either super baggy on me or a belly shirt.

I just got a first Lite brooks down sweater in large, it’s still a little shorter than I would like but it’s not very baggy. I could probably run an XL for layering over a base and jacket and be good.

jnor

FNG
I would also be interested to hear options for those with a similar build. I have the Arcteryx Nuclei AR jacket in XL and it fits like a designated long with an angled waist, but also roomy overall for me. But its not down and noisy in movement.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I am 6’5”. I have a tall LL Bean hooded down jacket that I really like. They often have good sales, too.

Got a Cabela's down XL tall used if your interested. Crazy warm.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Txhunter85

Lil-Rokslider
I second the Eddie Bauer stuff. I’m 6ft7 and I get there tall sizes in there down stuff. On top of the fit being great for me being tall, they’re pricing is much better than the hunting lines, might not be as good (or just not a fancy camo pattern) but keeps me plenty warm and packs down nicely

Bärenjäger

Lil-Rokslider
I second the Eddie Bauer stuff. I’m 6ft7 and I get there tall sizes in there down stuff. On top of the fit being great for me being tall, they’re pricing is much better than the hunting lines, might not be as good (or just not a fancy camo pattern) but keeps me plenty warm and packs down nicely
Second that. I have a jacket and a vest from them. They're a touch heavier pack a little bigger than my Kuiu but probably warmer. And EB sales are crazy. I just bought a camo down vest for $26... Tall sizes available.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
Seems like first lite and kuiu are cut true to extra large sizing, too small for me.

I'm 6'4" and First Lite in XL works very well for me. I don't have their down jacket specifically, but the Solitude jacket is great in both arm and torso length. Same goes for their base layers.

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider

My biggest issue with the Eddie Bauer down jackets I've tried is they don't have a waist drawcord. The XL tall would work wonderfully if not for that glaring oversight.

Txhunter85

Lil-Rokslider
My biggest issue with the Eddie Bauer down jackets I've tried is they don't have a waist drawcord. The XL tall would work wonderfully if not for that glaring oversight.

It’s never been an issue for me personally but I can see where it would be nice to have. But for a couple hundred doll hairs I’m ok with not having a draw stings around the waist, bungee cords are cheaper

Leroy91

FNG
I am 6'4" long in the arms. OR transcendent in Lg fits perfect. First Lite Lg fits great. Arcteryx Atom XL fits great.