Help - upgrade my binos

Jordan86

FNG
I own Maven B.2 9x45s and Leica Trinovid HD 10x42s. Both are great binoculars for the price point ($1000ish). I’m planning on selling my Mavens and keeping the Leicas. The Mavens are great glass and pretty durable but the Leicas are better. My two biggest gripes with the Mavens is the weight/size and the eye cups. These are very heavy and big, not great for more run and gun hunting with a lot of freehand glassing, going in and out of the harness a lot, etc. The eye cups do not lock very securely in my opinion. This is a giant pain. I like my eye cups extended all the way and it seems every time I close my harness (FHF) the eye cups retract back down. Often when I pull my binos out, I have to fidget with the eye cups.

stevers75

FNG
Zeiss conquest HD 10x42's are worth a look, great glass for a great price. They come in on the very high end of your budget however.

Matt G.

WKR
Lots of good recommendations....I will add the nikon monarch hgs to list. You can buy the refurbished from nikon for 699...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Wassid82

WKR
I've had several different brand of binos and many models among them. I have recently purchased maven. I'm impressed with the quality. I did consider the kowa and used Leica.

iHunt*

Lil-Rokslider
I current have the Leupold 8x42 BX-5’s, prior to that the BX4’s. Slight edge in low light clarity and an increased field of view. If I hadn’t scored on them at $550 I would’ve been more than happy with the BX4’s.

Honestly Zeiss Conquest line makes an excellent hunting binocular, especially in low light. I never plan on getting rid of mine. That's just my opinion for the best under $1000 that I have used personally but as others have shown there are a ton of good options

OP
L

lmeyer

WKR
Thanks for all the replys. Kinda leaning towards used meptas if I can find the right price. Just curious, has any one used the nikon glass that I currently have for side by side comparison on any of the models that have been referenced?