Here is my first DIY project and hello the Rokslide

phish938

FNG
Here is my first DIY project and hello Rokslide...second attempt:)

I have been "lurking" on the site for a while now and wanted to say hello and here is my first DIY project. Worked pretty good this year for archery season, but shy about 2 inches so you really can't stretch out or you get your toes wet.
teepeepic.jpg
teepeepic2.jpg

I think this works now. I never said I knew how to run these dang computers;)

Attachments

• tent.png
    tent.png
    976 bytes · Views: 262
Last edited:

colonel00

WKR
Hmm, not really sure what the project is and your photo/attachment only shows as a sliver for me.

colonel00

WKR
Maybe this is a game and we are supposed to guess :D

Judging by the description, the term "stretch out" is used which leads me to think of a sleeping bag/pad/quilt or even a shelter. Referring to getting your toes wet, this leads me further towards a DIY tarp shelter.

bobhunts

WKR
Although it looks small from the outside the pics showing the inside seem bigger. I am glad he showed what he made! I am sure he will refine it or maybe it will work for him. But at the least I have no idea why the bashing? I thought that we were all above that?? Bob.

colonel00

WKR
Although it looks small from the outside the pics showing the inside seem bigger. I am glad he showed what he made! I am sure he will refine it or maybe it will work for him. But at the least I have no idea why the bashing? I thought that we were all above that?? Bob.

In the original post, only the third image was showing for quite a while. It just looked like a small sliver. I see that the OP has been back and added a couple more images and the tent looks great. People were only making light hearted comments about the single image that we could see for a while trying to guess what the project was since we couldn't see it.

Shrek

WKR
Cool ! Tipi looks great and it sure does pack small in the first picture ! Lol. Phish938 , any details about construction ? What's it made from and what does it measure out at ? Tell the story Phish938.

colonel00

WKR
Yep, definitely interested in some more details if you want to share. A tent is on my list of things to try this spring but I just don't know if I am up for it yet.

OP
P

phish938

FNG
Hey guys. No hard feelings no offense taken. The tent is made out of "supersil" basically sil nylon but a little lighter total weight. Octagon tipi style. The height in the middle is right around 5 feet. The circumference is 6 feet. Weighs in around 20ozs packs to about the size of a grapefruit. Total time I'd say around 20hrs. I forget the triangle measurements but basically did some real simple geometry and figured out on paper. The supplies were from bearpaw and they were great to work with. The top is cordura. Seam sealed with homemade sealant. The tent is absolutely water tight and spent 2 nights in real hard rain sand stayed mostly
dry. Great to have tucked into the pack for bivy type stuff

bz_711

WKR
Looks great - nice job! What is your estimate in costs of supplies to make?