Hickok45 cuts official ties with NRA

Mosby

WKR
Wow this is a big hit, good for Hickok45, NRA is sham currently. Hopefully people move on to better organizations
[/QUOTE

I am always looking for new solutions. So what specific organizations should people move on to? What organization is better at protecting our 2nd Amendment Rights? What gun rights organizations do you support and why?

bitbckt

Lil-Rokslider
If you’re going full tinfoil hat on 2A issues the GOA or SAF is probably your huckleberry, not the NRA.

WV let me guess your a self proclaimed “trust but verify” type? How do you verify “The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears”. It’s entirely possible a group can do good things in the past and terrible things in the present.

Hell I should call up the NRA and tell them to start selling bridges or ocean front property in the Rockies they’d make an even bigger killing and do even more good from what I’m hearing here.

This wasn’t a thread for me to convince anyone of anything. The writing is on the wall. The NRAs biggest non employee mouthpiece just said “dueces ✌🏽“ because they don’t believe they are capable of working towards what they stand for any more.

That sounds innocent enough but, You brought this all up! You posted the two goobers on video! I don't agree with a lot of the things the NRA supports vehemently (i.e.: bumpstocks) but, at the end of the day the NRA is many, many times the only antagonist to a given 2a issue that pops up in the USA. Like wv 👆🏻says, blame those responsible for their misgivings... don't freaking poison the well!!!

Anyone on this site should be pro NRA period, member or not!

An old boss told me one time that he didn't want to hear about problems, he wanted to hear about solutions to problems. I think that is applicable in this case.

Personally, I could give less than one damn about what hickok46 thinks because they didn't have the sand to lay out their position, instead they just started a conspiracy that 5 million viewers cannot fully verify, if they had the notion. Their message will cost the organization at least some credibility and funding at the expense of every gun owner in America.

Respectfully

Last edited:
That sounds innocent enough but, You brought it up! I don't agree with a lot of the things the NRA supports vehemently (i.e.: bumpstocks) but, at the end of the day the NRA is many times the only antagonist to a given 2a issue that pops up in the USA. Like wv 👆🏻says, blame those responsible for their misgivings... don't poison the well. Anyone on this site should be pro NRA period.
An old boss told me one time that he didn't want to hear about problems, he wanted to hear about solutions to problems. I think that is applicable in this case.
Respectfully
Good point

Mosby

WKR
If you’re going full tinfoil hat on 2A issues the GOA or SAF is probably your huckleberry, not the NRA.

Thanks for the information. I don't remember either of them being brought up in national discussions but I will research both.

You really are acting like an idiot. I’m not defending the those that may have done wrong within the NRA. I’m not defending any action or wrong doing these people may have done. What I did say was very clear and precise. And, obviously spot on concerning your feelings.

Quit blasting everyone for not declaring the NRA is the lost cause that you declare it to be. The NRA is run by people they may be treating themselves to certain luxury’s besides what is considered moral. I nor you know that at this point with a certainty. But, what we do know is it’s a group with a cause. And one that stands for our freedoms in a culture that mocks and loathes that reality. So, whatever the problem is, there will be a fix if needed. A change of guard if needed.

Mosby

WKR
John Paul Stevens: Repeal the Second Amendment | Timehttps://time.com › Politics › Courts

Everyone is obviously entitled to their own opinions when it comes to gun control. I have had similar discussions with my brother. The above op-ed from a retired Supreme Court Justice is but one example of where the gun debate is at and where our liberal neighbors in this country are going. This is a former Supreme Court Justice calling for a repeal of the 2nd Amendment. Think about that. Tin foil hat not required.

Over half of people in the US that identify as Democrats have been surveyed to support a total ban on all guns. Couple that with recent Congressional efforts to pressure banks, financial institutions and pension funds to stop lending or maintaining financial relationships with gun companies and you get the idea that they don't want them in business. Coupling insurance premiums and medical coverage to gun ownership is another sophisticated approach, designed to negatively impact and influence consumer behavior and ultimately gun companies. Putting US gun companies out of business seems to be a goal. That doesn't seem smart from a national security perspective but what do I know.

Nothing wrong in asking the NRA to improve, demanding changes and be more transparent with members. They should answer and listen to members. But demonizing and not supporting the primary organization protecting gun rights, doesn't make sense to me, if you want to keep them. YMMV.

OP
F

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
You really are acting like an idiot. I’m not defending the those that may have done wrong within the NRA. I’m not defending any action or wrong doing these people may have done. What I did say was very clear and precise. And, obviously spot on concerning your feelings.

Quit blasting everyone for not declaring the NRA is the lost cause that you declare it to be. The NRA is run by people they may be treating themselves to certain luxury’s besides what is considered moral. I nor you know that at this point with a certainty. But, what we do know is it’s a group with a cause. And one that stands for our freedoms in a culture that mocks and loathes that reality. So, whatever the problem is, there will be a fix if needed. A change of guard if needed.

You love to come in threads blast off comments as holier than tho then prance around like your misunderstood people are triggered and incapable of reading. Funny when people continue to react to you the same way maybe they aren’t the problem.

Ive shared nothing but facts and stats concerning nra and Hickok. But that seems to ruffle some feathers when those show an easy paint by numbers view of crap the nra is. Your willing to have the entire nra clean house but don’t see that’s bad cause we need to keep those three letters or all the guns wither up and blow away?

Keep on keeping on I guess

OP
F

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
Again do whatever you want with your money, I’m not wasting time on internet to sway anyone, just like I won’t waste money or time on a 5 gal bucket of water to put it a fully engulfed house fire.

I’ll wait to see whose next to drop NRA. And carry on daydreaming bout bulls and bucks.

You love to come in threads blast off comments as holier than tho then prance around like your misunderstood people are triggered and incapable of reading. Funny when people continue to react to you the same way maybe they aren’t the problem.

Ive shared nothing but facts and stats concerning nra and Hickok. But that seems to ruffle some feathers when those show an easy paint by numbers view of crap the nra is. Your willing to have the entire nra clean house but don’t see that’s bad cause we need to keep those three letters or all the guns wither up and blow away?

Keep on keeping on I guess
It’s not that you or few others misunderstand what’s written. It’s that you refuse to delineate differences because of your emotional ties. And, I’ve made it very clear that without the NRA, there will be no more 2nd amendment for future Americans.

87TT

WKR
Glad I'm old and probably won't be around to listen to a bunch of whiners when they ban all guns and take them from the law abiding citizens. Probably the second most important thing for the Antigun people to do is destroy the NRA. The only thing more important is to repeal the 2A. Seems absolutely stupid to bash and try to destroy something with out a better backup. Like getting mad and rolling your truck off a cliff in the middle of nowhere because it was rounding poorly with no way to get home.

260madman

WKR
I realize this site isn’t the bastion for 2a rights because most are concerned with public land and hunting rights but they do go hand in hand. Just remember that back in the Clinton years they wanted bolt action rifles with any magnifying optic above 4x to be labeled a “sniper rifle” and would be considered for inclusion in the AWB.

Count me in the will not comply camp.

NRA:$9700/day 7 days a week in legal fees. Yeah but nothing is fishy. Right.

Here

Do nothing and get paid 300k+/year
And here

Shenanigans and financial statements
Ha ha but not really

Mosby

WKR
For those people that think the debate will stop at guns, here are the knife laws in the UK:

It is illegal to:
  • sell a knife of any kind (including cutlery and kitchen knives) to anyone under 18
  • carry a knife in public without good reason – unless it’s a knife with a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less, eg a Swiss Army knife. The courts ultimately decide what a good reason is.
  • carry, buy or sell any type of banned knife (the list of banned knives is long)
  • use any knife in a threatening way (even a legal knife, such as a Swiss Army knife)
Lock knives (knives with blades that can be locked when unfolded) are not folding knives, and are illegal to carry in public.

The maximum penalty for an adult carrying a knife is 4 years in prison and a fine of £5,000(about $6,300).

Bowhunting in the UK is also illegal. Bowhunting is legal in Australia but you are not allowed to shoot any native species. Birdwatching is encouraged.

I try to avoid political discussions, but some people are taking way too much for granted. Who we vote for and support matters. If you don't like or use guns, bows or knives, then I guess it doesn't.

MattB

WKR
I don't watch too many YouTube gun reviews. I do however watch the popular news and take note of the left-leaning media constantly lamenting that, if not for the NRA's lobbying presence, we would be able to pass the sort of "common sense" gun laws that would make us all safer. That tells me all I need to know about the NRA.

Can they do better? Sure. But will i stop supporting them because of alleged malfeasance amongst its management? That would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

I’m not into traveling in Europe jus becaiae the certainty that only terrorists and criminals are armed is unnerving to me. The notion of being a hapless bystander or worse is Revauseating

Billinsd

WKR
Seems absolutely stupid to bash and try to destroy something with out a better backup. Like getting mad and rolling your truck off a cliff in the middle of nowhere because it was rounding poorly with no way to get home.
It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Look at Canada and Australia for our future without an organization like the NRA. Maybe even with the NRA, just further down the road. Actually, I think we will look more like Mexico and central America regarding gun ownership and violence than Canada or Australia. It's becoming like that already in California and Chicago. Unconstitutional gun control and high gun violence.