High temps and peep twist

Finn16

WKR
I have a 4 year old Bowtech Realm SS. It still has the factory string still on it and it's in good condition. I'm not an archery fanatic (anymore) and consequently don't shoot much. Lately I've been having issues with the peep being out of alignment but not all the time. What is weird is, when I shoot in the morning when it's 60-70 degrees, the peep alignment is fine but if I shoot in the afternoon when it's been in the 90's, my peep is rotated to the right and I can't see through it. Has anyone else experienced this?

OR Archer

WKR
Your string may look “fine” but they need to be changed. Even if you don’t shoot that much. Especially being factory strings. Strings should be changed about every 2 years unless you shoot a lot regardless of what they look like. The fact they are changing with such a small swing in temp tells me their at the end of their life.

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
OR Archer is spot on.
String sets usually need changed because they have stretched so much, not because they get too fuzzy and/or have strands breaking or serving coming undone.
Peep rotation is a sure sign that the string set is stretching. It also usually means that axle to axle spec gets too long and it won't achieve the peak draw weight of the limbs, and cams go out of time.
I don't think I've ever gotten more than two years out of a factory string, and in that time frame I've had the bow to a shop two or three times to reset back to factory specs, get it in time again, and correct peep rotation.

I highly recommend doing an aftermarket string set over a factory set. They are pre-stretched and once they settle after a few shots, they hold for much longer than a factory string does.
There are many, many good string makers, take your pick. I'm a big fan of Catfish Customs and Threadz.
I like x99 material the best, it is as stable as 452x but doesn't get fuzzy as quickly. The bloodline material or vec99 is nice stuff too, it has a coating that makes it need waxing much less often and it wont' get fuzzy for quite a while. I found it to be as stable or more so than x99. The only caution about vec99 is it is very slick and your bow Tech (or maybe you do your own) had better use a good method for tying in the peep or it may move. Gillingham method is my favorite for a vec99 string. Also, doing a dark and light color combo isn't a great idea as the coating will make the dark color leach into the lighter color quite a bit. Just a visual issue, but some may not like it.