hoffman explorers??

Looking at picking some of these up locally. I have struggled with hot feet and sweaty feet in kenetreks, and read that the Hoffman uses a different waterproof liner. Curious if anybody with sweaty feet has tried these? Im not thinking they will be the magic cure, just don't want to buy something if they will be worse. JUst curious temp wise and breathability wise compared to other all leather boots. I imagine it will be pretty much the same?

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I sweat a lot and packed extra socks on some days...can’t really say they made my feet sweat more or less than other boots I wear.

Anything with a liner is going to breathe less than only leather lined boots. I wouldn’t be surprised if “Windtex” in kennetreks is very close to or the same as sympatex in the Hoffmans.

Str8shtr

Lil-Rokslider
Going to be pretty much the same. A leather boot in general doesn't breathe that well. Maybe a synthetic material boot would breathe better?
You could also try wearing a thinliner sock under your wool sock to wick moisture away. Works great!

OP
B
Ever tried antiperspirant on your feet?

Yes, tried some spray on that was supposed to be pretty good. Noticed very little difference.

Not looking for the boots to be the cure, just time for a new pair of un insulated boots and the hoffmans are on sale locally.......if they would ever have the size in stock I would buy them.

SwampBone

FNG
I have the opposite problem. I can wear my kenetreks and get very little foot perspiration. I also have a pair of the Hoffman explorers. I only wear them in colder temps because my feet sweat so bad in them. So in my situation the kenetreks are a far dryer better breathing boot.

SwampBone

FNG
I should have stated I have the kenetrek mountain extremes uninsulated and the Hoffman explorer uninsulated. So two very comparable boots.

tdhanses

WKR
Yes, tried some spray on that was supposed to be pretty good. Noticed very little difference.

Not looking for the boots to be the cure, just time for a new pair of un insulated boots and the hoffmans are on sale locally.......if they would ever have the size in stock I would buy them.

If you buy direct from Hoffman they have a Rokslide discount of 15%, Rokslide15.