Houston, TX

txjustin

Lil-Rokslider
Company is off of 8 just south of 290, if that helps.

I work near there. If she’s sub 30 I’d look at the heights. I am married with kids and live in suburbia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a dad with 2 sons living downtown, I would not want my daughter in that mess.
Sure it’s kinda hip until you factor in parking tickets, towed cars, flooded cars, broken windows with everything stolen and a couple face to face robberies. Those are all things we have dealt with over the last couple years.
Not to mention the fact that most of the people down there only have half a functioning brain and it’s the wrong half. The bluer a city gets the worse a city gets.

OP
Mosby

Mosby

WKR
As a dad with 2 sons living downtown, I would not want my daughter in that mess.
Sure it’s kinda hip until you factor in parking tickets, towed cars, flooded cars, broken windows with everything stolen and a couple face to face robberies. Those are all things we have dealt with over the last couple years.
Not to mention the fact that most of the people down there only have half a functioning brain and it’s the wrong half. The bluer a city gets the worse a city gets.
It's the same all over. My middle son lives in KC and my truck has been broken into a few times visiting. I was towing an empty trailer once and they cut the locks off at 3 am. Nothing in it and they took off. We are looking at apartments over towards Katy to start and go from there. She will only have to drive into the office a couple days a week and work remote the rest with a lot of projects to deal with. Right now she's working 7 days a week and doesn't have any time to do anything but work, so being in an area with a lot of young people and stuff to do isn't a priority. She's only going to be there a year so it isn't forever.

OP
Mosby

Mosby

WKR
As an update, my daughter found an apartment near Grand Parkway and Westpark Tollway. More of a suburban area and relatively boring but it's what she was looking for. She works 7 days a week right now and 14 hour days aren't unusual. She is in the office working as I am typing this as an example. She doesn't plan on having much of a life for the next year but after that she can focus more on lifestyle and being in a younger environment like the Heights. Right now she just wants safe, quiet and boring. One thing I do appreciate is she has a work ethic. You can't fix lazy. Thanks for your help and advice on Houston. Appreciate it.