How can I improve my basic weatherby vanguard?

TaylerW

FNG
Hey all,

I have a standard weatherby vanguard in .300mag. Have been looking at options for stocks, barrel breaks and other things. Has anyone ever tricked out a vanguard?

gelton

WKR
I like the trigger and the action. Stock feels heavy and clunky. Hits like a hammer so would like to reduce recoil
First and easiest thing to do would be to replace the trigger, pretty much the first thing I do on all of my factory guns...I am partial to Timney but lots of trigger tech fans too.

Sobrbiker

WKR
I like the trigger and the action. Stock feels heavy and clunky. Hits like a hammer so would like to reduce recoil

Lighter stock will increase the hammer, however a stock that fits you better will let you manage recoil better, and could most likely be better bedded than the factory rig, maximizing accuracy.

tdhanses

WKR
I have a Howa 1500 which is the same thing, I put a McMillan stock on it and carbon six makes prefit barrels for it that shoot really well, on par with my proofs I’ve had. I put a timney trigger on it and it’s an improvement. Really it’s a great platform to make a semi custom as the actions are very true.

I have a Howa 1500 which is the same thing, I put a McMillan stock on it and carbon six makes prefit barrels for it that shoot really well, on par with my proofs I’ve had. I put a timney trigger on it and it’s an improvement. Really it’s a great platform to make a semi custom as the actions are very true.
What $cost after all?

NV HUNTER

WKR
38ED1856-B80A-4C01-ABB6-B42EC5BD97E7.jpegEAF1C3F6-8382-4B1E-8F3D-D72DF870CF63.jpeg
.257 custom budget build!
Boyd stock
Tally rings
Vortex hst 4-16
Had a local Smith thread and install break
Caldwell carbon bipod

bow_hunt32

Lil-Rokslider
I took my Vanguard backcountry 300 win mag and put a McMillan stock and Timney Trigger on it. Its already fluted and cerakoted from the factory. Topped with Talley lightweight rings and a 30mm Leupold Vx3i made me a fine western big game rifle. Shoots 185 gr Bergers sub MOA

letrbuck

WKR
Weatherby will thread barrel and install accubrake for you if you want to reduce recoil. Not sure one cost. Timney trigger and a bed job are never bad options