How many arrows per day?

Trr15

WKR
Curious how often you guys are shooting your bow? I’m getting back into archery hunting full bore this season after 5 years of hunting exclusively with a rifle (finally back in the mountain west after a 5 year stop in TX). I’m setting a goal of 50 arrows per day between now and the archery opener.

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
I focus more on realism as opposed to quantity of arrows; I do ten burpees then shoot, do sprints, then shoot, ten more burpees then shoot etc. I've found that shooting hundreds of arrows over the summer, standing perfectly still and calm, did nothing for me when it mattered. My advice is always not to worry about quantity of arrows, but the most practice you can do that's situationally realistic. Shoot kneeling, crouching, leaning, side hilling, completely out of breath, bad glare etc. Getting comfortable shooting when you're uncomfortable is excellent.

From personal experience, there's no magic number. It's more a matter of how long it takes you to get fatigued. You need to pay attention to how your body feels but also to how you're shooting. If you reach a point where your form is starting to fall apart and/or you notice your shooting is getting noticeably worse and you can't fix it by paying closer attention to form, it's probably time to rest. You should start to get a feel for how many arrows in that starts to happen.

GuyinIdaho

Lil-Rokslider
Last year I made a goal to shoot everyday and it actually made me a worse shot. I started messing with my shot and never could get it back to where I started. This year I have been shooting less and I think it has helped. I have just been shooting at least one session per week.

I shoot everyday. Sometimes it’s an arrow at a time throughout the day, sometimes it’s for score. Anything to keep me shooting and competitive to ensure I’m making the best shot possible has been beneficial to me.

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot year-round. Winter league, 3d shoots, and trips to the local range. I just enjoy shooting and want to do it pretty often.
I have no set number of arrows per day, or even per week. I just shoot when I can and knock off when I start getting fatigued or some other obligation means I'm out of time to shoot.
Right now in the hot summer I only shoot once a week or so, sometimes twice a week. Most times I take my bow when we go camping, which is quite a bit, and I'll shoot a few arrows early in the morning while the family is still sleeping and the weather is cool.

Pramo

WKR
10-20 arrows I have a 100 range at the house so I'll shoot in the evenings fiddling with my bows and setups all spring and summer

Tick

WKR
This summer I've been shooting about 10-15 at different distances every other day. I also only use 1 arrow. I felt like I was wasting shots and developing bad habits when I shot more with a hand full of arrows.

andydwyer

WKR
I think the first shot tells you what you need to know, but i still shoot quite a bit. recently moved to a small lot, so i have to get to the range 3 times a week. when i could shoot in my yard it was 50ish a day from april through october. if you’re over bowed you’ll get some forearm or shoulder pain shooting that much though as i learned from experience…

i mean, it’s just like anything else — basketball and hockey players will shoot hundreds of shots a day. reps help a lot. compromised reps help a lot too. 🤷‍♂️

I've shot by bow so many times at this point its all muscle memory. I've slowed down considerably over the past few years. Now I only really pick up my a few times before season. Form comes naturally to me at this point all I have to do is make sure I pick spot and the release is a surprise every time.