How many arrows per day?

Maz7869

FNG
On average between 10 and 60 arrows one to three days a week. I find it's more productive for me to walk a 3d course than spend an hour or two shooting spots. I also focus on shooting from my knees or drawing behind cover and stepping out for a shot.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Sometimes I'll run the 3d course, or the field course so I can get more arrows in. That way I get a lot of winded shooting, and still have to put them all in the kill zone.

I shoot 5 to 15 3 to 5 days a week this time of year. Sometimes only one before work, a few more after work. After missing a nice deer last season, I have to work on range estimation and using the correct pin...quickly

GuyinIdaho

Lil-Rokslider
How often is everyone shooting during sept or archery season? On a typical trip I will shoot when I arrive and then that is it, I am out hunting. So it could be 5-6 days before I shoot again, and hopefully that is at an animal. I try to make practice as close to the real thing as possible. So I have been shooting once a week or so and really try to make the first shot count. You dont get a mulligan in the field

jimh406

WKR
If you are shooting competitively, then the count is pretty high. For hunting, it’s more important for each arrow to count since endurance isn’t very important, so the number count is very low with 1 being optimum at least near hunting season.

If you are simply wanting to be in better shape, a device like the Saunders power pull can increase strength without impacting your focus on the shot.

How often is everyone shooting during sept or archery season? On a typical trip I will shoot when I arrive and then that is it, I am out hunting. So it could be 5-6 days before I shoot again, and hopefully that is at an animal. I try to make practice as close to the real thing as possible. So I have been shooting once a week or so and really try to make the first shot count. You dont get a mulligan in the field

I get a small game license if needed and shoot grouse, usually several a trip.

I'll have a target at camp if it's possible and shoot if given the chance.

Maverick1

WKR
Concentration, form, and focus are the most important things.

Consider:
  1. How many arrows do you get to shoot at a single animal?
  2. How many arrows do you release in a season?
  3. How many animals have orange dots on the side of their body?

3 arrows per session in June, 2-3x sessions per week, in the basement

6 arrows per session in July, 2-3x per week, also in the basement

18-32 arrows per session in August, outdoors.

To each their own, works for me!

July is a big month for me. I start with broadhead tuning. After that is done I will shoot 2 or 3 shots with broadheads first each day. Then I shoot 10-20 quality shots with field points.

15-20 quality arrows daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GuyinIdaho

Lil-Rokslider
I get a small game license if needed and shoot grouse, usually several a trip.

I'll have a target at camp if it's possible and shoot if given the chance.
I used to do the same but tired of losing arrows for grouse. I have a target at camp too but tough to shoot when you leave and get back in the dark. If I have time I try to shoot but usually rare

I used to do the same but tired of losing arrows for grouse. I have a target at camp too but tough to shoot when you leave and get back in the dark. If I have time I try to shoot but usually rare

I'm picky on my grouse shots, use old/practice broadheads.

Can't think of an arrow I have lost on grouse, can't say the same for big game.

fatlander

WKR
I try to shoot a broadhead once a day, cold for the couple months leading up to the season. I mix up distances. Then I’ll shoot a handful of good shots and be done most days. Probably once a week I have the time to shoot a lot (25+) really good shots, which takes a fair amount of time. I’m in the camp of a few good shots, as frequently as possible, beats the brakes off of a-lot of really bad shots infrequently.

It’s a process. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GuyinIdaho

Lil-Rokslider
I'm picky on my grouse shots, use old/practice broadheads.

Can't think of an arrow I have lost on grouse, can't say the same for big game.
I should just get a judo tip. Watched my brother sail an arrow right thru a grouse in a tree last year, never saw that arrow again.

LostArra

WKR
1-3 shots practicing alone

Maybe 20 practicing with hunting buddies once a month on my 3D course or from a practice stand at deer targets

When the critters start shooting back I'll focus on higher volume of shots

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I should just get a judo tip. Watched my brother sail an arrow right thru a grouse in a tree last year, never saw that arrow again.
You have to make sure the trunk of the tree is behind the grouse for those passthroughs. I once shot a grouse that was sitting on a branch, and that judo point still buried 3" into the tree. It skewered the grouse and he swung upside down from the arrow. Took me forever to "dig" that arrow out. It got to a point where I could turn the arrow so just unscrewed it from the judo.

For shooting, I want to be to the point where it's all second nature and I don't even have to think about any part of the process. I am not a slow shooter. Draw, anchor, correct pin on my aiming point, and release. I shouldn't be standing there trying to settle a pin, or even trying to figure out which pin I want. Point and shoot.

GuyinIdaho

Lil-Rokslider
You have to make sure the trunk of the tree is behind the grouse for those passthroughs. I once shot a grouse that was sitting on a branch, and that judo point still buried 3" into the tree. It skewered the grouse and he swung upside down from the arrow. Took me forever to "dig" that arrow out. It got to a point where I could turn the arrow so just unscrewed it from the judo.

For shooting, I want to be to the point where it's all second nature and I don't even have to think about any part of the process. I am not a slow shooter. Draw, anchor, correct pin on my aiming point, and release. I shouldn't be standing there trying to settle a pin, or even trying to figure out which pin I want. Point and shoot.
I think I'll just talk all my hunting partners into shooting the grouse from now on

Westmjk

FNG
Depends on the goal I set for the session; between 10 and 30 ish. 3-5 days a week.

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
I like to shoot at least 3 arrows per day. Mostly I shoot about 15 or 20 times but an instructor told my wife and I to only shoot three then quit. We had to build back up after a long lay-off from archery.