Lightest weight higher end scope

The Tenmile and March don’t work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you look at the post of mine you referance, you will see the above it tge specific post of yours I was responding to. Hopefully that provides clarity for you.

Marshfly

WKR
If you look at the post of mine you referance, you will see the above it tge specific post of yours I was responding to. Hopefully that provides clarity for you.

I didn’t quote anyone or reference any particular post at all. Maybe you are the one that needs to see an optician.

OP
H
I had to ignore that bubble guy. Clearly he only wants to argue. I am not sure why he continues to reply when I told him I do not want his advice.. I have a buddy with a March I can go shoot next week. My rifle build won't be done for probably 4 months, so I have time.

Marshfly

WKR
I had to ignore that bubble guy. Clearly he only wants to argue. I am not sure why he continues to reply when I told him I do not want his advice.. I have a buddy with a March I can go shoot next week. My rifle build won't be done for probably 4 months, so I have time.

Same. Some people just want to be snarky and argue.

So only your opinion should be permitted. Kinda takes away from the whole purpose of this forum .

By the way, I have never argued in this thread. It's a shame you can't be honest about that.

Marshfly

WKR
Note that both Eurooptic and Optics planet will ship these signature required. So send them somewhere that can happen.

Not to derail, but is there some super-high-end German/ Japanese mega pricey scope that is made of angel tears and unicorn farts that weighs next to nothing And works like a friggin laser?

My “high end“ scopes are nightforce and a couple of decent leupolds So I don’t really have a great snes or a lot of experience above those price points apart from a few shots on borrowed rifles and some aggressive fingering now and then at optics stores.

TomJoad

WKR
Wow, cantankerous lot tonight!

I’d roll with Schmidt & Bender. Better glass than other mentions. Lots of first focal plane options (or SFP if preferred) proven durable in drops and the field. Mid end $1500 to $5k if you really want to burn some money.

Elite

WKR
Thank you. That is a scope I had not even considered. After looking at some specs and reviews, it looks like it shows so promise. Thanks again

I was in the same boat as you are in and ended up with that scope and really enjoy it so far

So while I don't consider it high end, I have a 1st gen Vortex razor LH 3 x 15 that weighs in at 16 oz. It has decent optical quality and meets the lightweight criteria. The LHT's are a bit heavier as they run a 30MM tube versus 1", but Ive not had issues with it out to 700 yards (at the range) and I have run it on two different rifles, the 2nd being a 300wm with several hundred rounds through it at this point. Might be worth a look if you are erring on the really light side.

LightFoot

WKR
My Leica amplus 3-18 is very reliable for dialling and very crisp glass. Weight is 23oz

This ^^^^

Or the Trijicon 3-18x44 for FFP and similar optical quality.

>>>——JAKE——>

madcalfe

WKR
So while I don't consider it high end, I have a 1st gen Vortex razor LH 3 x 15 that weighs in at 16 oz. It has decent optical quality and meets the lightweight criteria. The LHT's are a bit heavier as they run a 30MM tube versus 1", but Ive not had issues with it out to 700 yards (at the range) and I have run it on two different rifles, the 2nd being a 300wm with several hundred rounds through it at this point. Might be worth a look if you are erring on the really light side.
^^^wouldn't recommend this scope. There's lots of issues with vortex. but glad yours has held up......

^^^wouldn't recommend this scope. There's lots of issues with vortex. but glad yours has held up......
Just curious, do you have personal experience with issues? I am certainly not a vortex fanboy, but have several items and have not had problems at all. My understanding is good warranty service though I have yet to use it. Not saying it's the best glass but I have no complaints.