How many people use the goHUNT Insider service? Worth it?

TauPhi111

WKR
So how many of you use this service and think it is really 100% worth the $149/year. Does it have any other info the state DNR/wildlife/game and fish websites don't have?

I'd like to use it, but I live in the east and might get in 1 or 2 (if I'm lucky and manage my time and money well) western hunts a year, so I'm not hunting multiple states and species like some of you might be. That makes the price of the subscription seem a little steep to me. However, the fact that I only get a couple opportunities a year on average makes me want to be as best prepared for the most success as possible, which makes this info enticing. Is it worth it?

Trial153

WKR
Depends on how much your time is worth. It doesn’t have anything that can’t be found in other venues, f&g sites , magazines ect ect....however it does put everything in one place a provides filtering for different options. I like it very much.
Now that said if your hunting only one or two states and have less then a handful total of applications I can see it being step for that limited use.

If you aren't hunting multiple states and playing the points game I'd say no.
If you want to try it, wait till you find a discount code or something and try it for a year and see if you find it useful.

weaver

WKR
I think it's worth it, especially if you're new to hunting the west.
Just make sure you validate the info they give on a unit before planning your hunt. They do a better than most services on having accurate information (draw odds, public land access ect) but I have found a few discrepancies on certain units.
Good luck.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

young7.3

WKR
I think its worth it. Use promo code “randy” for a $50 credit to the gear shop, essentially making it $100 for the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's great if you need basic info and use the discount codes out there. With Rokslide, you can get some of the same questions answered at a much slower pace. But it tackles all the western states and offers good info to get you started.
They sell decent gear too, and give back points for dollars so eventually you get free stuff. Free stuff is always good.

NYSKIER

WKR
If you aren't hunting multiple states and playing the points game I'd say no.
If you want to try it, wait till you find a discount code or something and try it for a year and see if you find it useful.

Like chucklehead said good resource if you are hunting multiple states but if no I'd say it isn't worth it

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
I’ll be the third or fourth to say it is hard to justify the cost for limited species/states.

All the information can be gathered elsewhere and data complied. In the past, I spent the time and effort for one state and two species. Now that I play the game in 6 states for 3 species I can focus my time and effort elsewhere to get prepared.

The filter is gold for me. Since I am a multi weapon/season opportunist. Allows a lot of flexibility to see varies options with clicks of buttons vs. my old spreadsheets.

The cost can be offset with a plethora of discount codes. Take a look at online store. If you buy anything they offer already and the cost is same or better you can get points for free gear to offset cost. Basically a rewards system. The cost of membership does not get you points. They also do a monthly giveaway, so if you are lucky (I am not) you have a lotto chance at some pretty cool gear.

Most of the individual unit data had been good, but I have found some that needed to be updated. They are extremely diligent in responding to these requests. Very often I get a response same day and website update very shortly after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definetely think its worth it. Yes you can fins a lot of the information through other resources but to have everything right there at your finger tips is worth it. How much time are you going to spend researching all the other sites and forums? What is your time worth to you to have it all on one site and not have to spend hours looking it up elsewhere? Like others have said there are discount codes that make it much easier to drop the cash for the service.

gelton

WKR
IF you are building points - absolutely. In fact even though it only took me about a week to narrow down units to burn my points in, I will probably re-subscribe next year simply for the give aways. They give away some really nice stuff once a month and during Christmas gave away stuff for 12 days straight. Also a good group of guys, they sent me a hat for free as well.

NoWiser

WKR
I had it for a year. It was ok, but not worth the cost for me to renew my subscription. There are free sites that offer the same information. Perhaps if it's your first year applying out west it may be helpful. For me, I already have a good idea of what my plan will be in each state, so it's way too expensive to justify.

PF_JM

FNG
Considering the time and money already invested in hunting, I would say an extra $150 to save time and make sure you are spending your money efficiently is worth it. The information may be able to be found elsewhere but having it all in one location allows me to spend less time researching the broad topic of "where do I go" and lets me focus more on researching specific areas. So in my opinion it is a no brainer, unless you are just in to surfing fish and game websites, google searches, reading old weather reports, crunching numbers and waiting on people to share information with you.