How many times have you been checked by Wardens?

hodgeman

WKR
I've been checked 4 times in the last few years, twice by AST, once by Fed. F&G and once by a combo team of the two.

The AST guys have always been very professional when contacting me- tag check, critter check, chit chat and on down the road. The Fed F&G wasn't overly friendly but was respectful. Never had any issues in the field with them, they have a very tough job to do.

I have a TON of respect for all of these ladies and gentleman as I know that we all do. Its a very tough job and dangerous as EVERYONE you are dealing with is armed. I wish that there were more of them. I am glad to show my information and tags with them and honestly wish I could beat them to the punch at times. See them coming...pull out my stuff and start walking to meet them with a smile and hand them my info before they ask. I appreciate them doing their job. I do think that there are times when they could act more professionally. But I do feel for them and can understand THEM HAVING A BAD DAY!!

OR Archer

WKR
Been checked 3 times in 26 years. First time was in 97 when I killed my non typical blacktail. Deputy sheriff pulled me over because he could see the rack sticking up over the bed of my truck and he wanted to get a closer look haha. Other two times was by the same state trooper on spring bear hunts. He was done and gone in less than ten minutes.

tracker

FNG
Last year was the first time ever in Co. Buddy and I were walking on a back road when we spotted a truck ahead of us. Turned out to be a warden "resting" in his vehicle. After he finally realized that we were looking in at him he got out and was real friendly. Looked our bows over and finally asked to see our license. Before we left he asked where we were camped. We told him and two days later about mid morning he pulls into our camp. We were just making breakfast because we didn't get back to camp until 4 AM because we were packing out my bull that I shot the afternoon before. He had breakfast with us and drank coffee for about a hour and a half bs'ing about just about everything. Finally I told him we needed to get back up the mountain because the rack, my bow, and pack were still up there. He finally says well I suppose I better check your tag and proof of sex on the meat. No problem. As he was leaving he wished us well and gave us his card and wrote his cell phone number on it. Told us to call anytime if we wanted to. Here in Wi. I have been checked a number of times with no problems. I actually have a friend who is a warden here and has gone along elk hunting in Co.

philw

Lil-Rokslider
Twice by the DOW in thirteen years here in CO. Actually, only once, elk hunting. The other time I was fly fishing a lake and the guy walked halfway around to get to me, asked me how I was doing and what fly I was using, and then proceeded to give me advice (good advice) on how tos fish the lake. I don't know if he forgot to check my license or what, but he didn't ask to see it.