How to catch an untrapable mouse.

bpa556

FNG

I didn’t realize Steve Carell also did mouse taxidermy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wapitipaw

FNG
Remember the one guy who was posting about some epic battle with a rat getting in his garden and we were all pumped up and then it kinda fizzled out? Maybe he stopped posting or he gave up or something?
I was once in an epic battle with a garden rat for months and months. I never did catch her but I sure as hell killed off her babies. One day I stopped seeing evidence of her. I can only dream that maybe I killed her via a broken heart! Persistence pays I guess.

Another rat I caught in a live trap I DID feel bad for, so I hauled it 5 miles away to release by the river. I let it out and the bastard ran back uphill to my truck and I’m pretty sure hopped up into the wheel well or skid plate cause he didn’t emerge on the other side. I felt pretty pissed on the drive home, realizing I was just outsmarted by a rodent (again). Little bastard probably yukked it up with his pals about his adventure when he hopped back out into my driveway that night.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Finally a story worthy of reading 9 pages. God luck OP, sounds like you will need it.

My vote is it being a Vole. If what the others said is true and they (voles) want out, maybe leave him a route out open?
Could lead to other rodents getting in but trading 007 vole for a couple trappable mice might be a win.

Idaboy

WKR
Best rok thread in ages, don't doubt OP, but if he did make it up, well hell who cares

Set a live trap, not sure if they make a small one/light trigger one for mice

Skipping the thread all together did the mouse die? Last time I tried throwing a cat in the garage like a hand grenade and closed the door. Came back later to a pissed off cat that wanted out of the garage.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
A single action 22 revolver with bird shot is a lot of fun.

Scout camp last summer in Missouri, day 1, had my Kifaru Marauder partially zipped on my cot as I was hanging clothes. I zipped it, sat next to it, continued to organize life, felt the bag move.

Unzipped it, a mouse scurried out. Further inspection, she had 3 brand new pink babies in there.

I trapped 7 more with spring traps in the next 9 days in addition to the 3 pinkies.... Gross...

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Houseminer

Lil-Rokslider
I made my own mouse trap.
Cardboard paper, spread some thick gun on it and in the middle of the paper i leave a snack.
Mouse walks into the gun and can never walk/leave again.