How much does this bear weigh?

Jeffh0214

I caught a black bear cruising through my property on a trail cam the other day. I've never hunted bear before so I have no idea how to judge size. What do you guys think this bear weighs?

IMG_0001.jpg

eyeguy

I have only ever shot 3 and misjudged my last one the good way. Almost passed him until he stood next to the 3 foot hash mark on the tree[bait] and was right at or above the mark. So with my pre-excuse for being off out of the way I will guess 240. Looks like a pretty good bear.

kickemall

I'd say 300+ but pictures are deceiving. Head looks small on the body and ears look small on the head which is a sign of a good bear as is the heavy front legs. Also appears to have a pretty good sag to his belly. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he crowded 400 in fall shape but like I said, pictures are deceiving and unless he's on a scale, its all guess work.

colersu22

Never been good at guessing weights but if you can get a spring bear tag make him 150-200 grains heavier and weight him. Defiantly a bear I would shoot.

JLH208

I would guess 350-370 but the picture makes me think even bigger than that. I judge by the ears to head ratio and belly, but I also imagine a human with that much meat and the weight of the hide. Think about a grown man that size. Defiantly over 300 I'd say.

- Jesse

HOT ROD

I will guess 350 to 400... The picture make it hard to judge... I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't 400+.

elkguide

Looking at the picture again this morning and then looking at the full mount, 400 pound bear over my shoulder, I still put him at 400+.

Now it's up to you to put him on the scales and tell us what he actually weighs.

JeremiahH

Is it weird that the sapling has no shadow ?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Huntin wv

I'm guessing around 400. My buddy killed a 400 lb bear a couple years ago and looking back through the pictures, thst one looks pretty similar.

wawhitey

Bears are very hard to judge, but ill go with a very conservative estimate of over 250. 300+ wouldnt surprise me at all. Thats a damn fine bear anyway, i sure wouldnt let him walk. And you can figure he will add quite a bit of weight before he dens up.