How’s your fuel prices

cod007

Lil-Rokslider
Another 20 cent jump here since Friday. Now $4.43 for reg. Up 70(?) cents in the last nine days.
FJB

Rob5589

WKR
Sacramento. Hopefully it's not true.
Remember those days in high school (okay okay I'm old) when you're rooting around on the floorboard of your 72 nova looking for change so you can go buy a couple gallons of gas so you can cruise the loop???

RandyView attachment 388892
I do, exactly, since I had a 72 Nova. Premium, for Wed night drags, was about 1.05 or so.

They're just going to start putting pictures of Willie, Cheech, and Snoop on the buttons at the pump. Just how high you wanna go?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I believe there is a meme for that one! I couldn’t figure out how to post it though.

S.Clancy

WKR
Not to start an argument but I am a millennial, so no I don’t think I have bought fuel for less than 1.80 a gallon.

I remember it less than a dollar but can’t say I have ever paid that.
We bought gas in Eastern MT for $1.35$ in April 2020. Thats the cheapest I've ever purchased fuel at 35 yrs old.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not to start an argument but I am a millennial, so no I don’t think I have bought fuel for less than 1.80 a gallon.

I remember it less than a dollar but can’t say I have ever paid that.
No argument here......used to have gas wars at .25 a gallon.

I remember building a higher compression small block in the early 90's and thinking 1.30 for 93 was bad.

Gas $3.59 for medium, diesel $4.29 in Butte. For you folk glad you aren't driving diesel - remember that you are paying a delivery surcharge for every item you buy. Hence you get to buy gas directly and diesel indirectly just like in the 70s.

Gas $3.59 for medium, diesel $4.29 in Butte. For you folk glad you aren't driving diesel - remember that you are paying a delivery surcharge for every item you buy. Hence you get to buy gas directly and diesel indirectly just like in the 70s.
Shoot, most delivery companies that I work with never dropped the fuel surcharge that the implemented in 2008. Written right on the invoice.

BuzzH

WKR
Went to the dentist this morning and afterward swung through the coffee cart to pick up a couple brataccino's for the wife and I.

Noticed the car was only half full. I damn near spilled my $5, 20 ounce cup of coffee when I saw gas was $3.75 a gallon when I filled up!

The outrage!

Went to the dentist this morning and afterward swung through the coffee cart to pick up a couple brataccino's for the wife and I.

Noticed the car was only half full. I damn near spilled my $5, 20 ounce cup of coffee when I saw gas was $3.75 a gallon when I filled up!

The outrage!
Well if gas was still 2.20 a gallon you would of had a extra 12.40 to buy your fancy coffee. Or maybe spoiled yourself with a 32 oz!

d159f992070eebcbbac0cdd314ca8ff9.jpg

I drop a load in the ground and they raise the price this was before dropping and clerk said its going up. Cheapest Ive seen it was Costco in Tracy Ca $4.85.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WKR
The big question is how far will it go before this stops?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

I'm curious about the demand side of the equation. During the pandemic, there was a dramatic drop in commuting, and the demand for oil/fuel dropped as well. Now that we are "post pandemic" for the most part, I'm curious as to how much fuel demand has increased. I know there are still a lot of companies that remained "work from home" and we've all heard of the mountain town housing crisis due to people relocating and working from home. Obviously, some companies returned to pre-pandemic operations.

Theoretically, there should be a lot less people driving than there was in 2019, though not at the lows during the pandemic.

I do think that there will be enough political pressure applied to open up some domestic production. The mid term elections will be a complete blood bath if this continues.

Rob5589

WKR
The big question is how far will it go before this stops?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
Depends on location. Here is CA 7/gal isn't out of the question. Most are now in the low 5's per gal, big names well into the 5's. Newsom (CA gov) just today put the kibosh on any new oil drilling here.

I'm curious about the demand side of the equation. During the pandemic, there was a dramatic drop in commuting, and the demand for oil/fuel dropped as well. Now that we are "post pandemic" for the most part, I'm curious as to how much fuel demand has increased. I know there are still a lot of companies that remained "work from home" and we've all heard of the mountain town housing crisis due to people relocating and working from home. Obviously, some companies returned to pre-pandemic operations.

Theoretically, there should be a lot less people driving than there was in 2019, though not at the lows during the pandemic.

I do think that there will be enough political pressure applied to open up some domestic production. The mid term elections will be a complete blood bath if this continues.

If we had 25 more drivers we could put them to work. Demand for truck time is crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

svivian

WKR

I was having this exact same thought as I know more than half of my company now works from home.