Hoyt Ventum 33 Review ***Updated 8/11/21***

ncavi8tor

WKR
I’m going to assume you aren’t questioning my moral compass simply because I’m getting rid of the hoyt. Hard to know peoples intentions on a forum in text. The bow was reviewed by the rep after I spoke with him and he talked to the shop and they agreed with the remark you yourself made that the serving is a non issue. It was deemed serviceable and was then posted for sale/trade afterwards.
No not at all! It came across wrong. I was just making an observation because I had an issue with a RX-3 and did the same thing after I sent it to Hoyt for a warranty issue. Sorry you had bad luck with it.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

406unltd

WKR
No not at all! It came across wrong. I was just making an observation because I had an issue with a RX-3 and did the same thing after I sent it to Hoyt for a warranty issue. Sorry you had bad luck with it.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
It’s all good. Turns out I just need more experience I guess. It seemed like a big deal to me but most say it’s not.

Siggy111

FNG
Set the centershot at 13/16"-7/8" and leave it. Shim the cams from there. The bow shoots well once set up correctly. Good luck.

ICBoy

FNG
Classified Approved
First Hoyt I've liked and I really really like it. May make me stop shooting my bow techs

Burtz

Lil-Rokslider
For 2021 I will be testing and reviewing Hoyt's new-for-'21 Ventum 33. I'll be documenting the setup process, tuning, and performance of this new aluminum riser flagship bow. There are a few new features included on this bow and I will give my honest opinion of how they perform. I'll also give a quick look at how it compares to my current setup (the 2019 RX3 Ultra with the ZT Pro cams).
Feel free to chime in and ask questions as I proceed with the testing.
FYI: My draw length is 27" and the draw weight set at 70 lbs.

***Update 8/11/21*** Hoyt Ventum 33 Review

It's a sharp looking bow that comes in at 5.3 pounds with all the factory dampers and the included 2" Short Stop stabilizer.
View attachment 263957

I decided to see how the new Wilderness Green pairs with the Optifade Subalpine.
View attachment 263958

New for 2021 is the HBX cam which is a major departure from Hoyt's Cam & a Half eccentrics of the past. I'm looking forward to compare the draw cycles, noise, and speed of the two different systems.
View attachment 263959
Thanks for taking the time to write it up

Kimi

FNG
My Ventum 33 is on the way, but I'm looking around for a case at the moment (probably skb). If a Ventum 33 owner can be kind enough to measure total height, and total width (i.e. string to end of stock stabilizer), it would be appreciated.

OP
Josh Boyd

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Ventum 33 is on the way, but I'm looking around for a case at the moment (probably skb). If a Ventum 33 owner can be kind enough to measure total height, and total width (i.e. string to end of stock stabilizer), it would be appreciated.
I measured mine at 38.5" x 15"

Hope that helps.
-Josh

bsnedeker

WKR
For whatever is worth, mine fits perfectly into my cheap Plano case.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

For 2021 I will be testing and reviewing Hoyt's new-for-'21 Ventum 33. I'll be documenting the setup process, tuning, and performance of this new aluminum riser flagship bow. There are a few new features included on this bow and I will give my honest opinion of how they perform. I'll also give a quick look at how it compares to my current setup (the 2019 RX3 Ultra with the ZT Pro cams).
Feel free to chime in and ask questions as I proceed with the testing.
FYI: My draw length is 27" and the draw weight set at 70 lbs.

***Update 8/11/21*** Hoyt Ventum 33 Review

It's a sharp looking bow that comes in at 5.3 pounds with all the factory dampers and the included 2" Short Stop stabilizer.
View attachment 263957

I decided to see how the new Wilderness Green pairs with the Optifade Subalpine.
View attachment 263958

New for 2021 is the HBX cam which is a major departure from Hoyt's Cam & a Half eccentrics of the past. I'm looking forward to compare the draw cycles, noise, and speed of the two different systems.
View attachment 263959
super pretty bow

mbro

FNG
I bought this bow 2 months ago, it’s my first bow ever. I shot all the big name bows and wanted to like the Matthew’s but ended up liking this one more.

I shot 50-100 arrows a day almost every day before work, and was fortunate enough to harvest my first archery buck this year with it. He’s not a beast but I earned him.

My Setup is as follows
Hoyt Ventum 33
31” draw at 70#.
Black Gold Pro Sight (5 pin)
Hamskea Trinity Pro rest
12” front stabilizer
Easton axis 300 grain arrow

Attachments

• 82287B87-BC23-4168-A486-E595C21B746C.jpeg
    82287B87-BC23-4168-A486-E595C21B746C.jpeg
    398 KB · Views: 44
  • 8C9385B4-BAB5-4324-8710-A1B70540FB91.jpeg
    8C9385B4-BAB5-4324-8710-A1B70540FB91.jpeg
    403.9 KB · Views: 44

bsnedeker

WKR
I bought this bow 2 months ago, it’s my first bow ever. I shot all the big name bows and wanted to like the Matthew’s but ended up liking this one more.

I shot 50-100 arrows a day almost every day before work, and was fortunate enough to harvest my first archery buck this year with it. He’s not a beast but I earned him.

My Setup is as follows
Hoyt Ventum 33
31” draw at 70#.
Hamskea Trinity Pro rest
12” front stabilizer
Compared to my first deer you did get a beast! Well done!

My Setup is as follows
Hoyt Ventum 33
31” draw at 70#.
Hamskea Trinity Pro rest
12” front stabilizer
Getting what you like is sometimes different than what you initially wanted. Glad you found the right bow for you. A successful hunt is a great bonus. Congratulations!!

mbro

FNG
Getting what you like is sometimes different than what you initially wanted. Glad you found the right bow for you. A successful hunt is a great bonus. Congratulations!!
So true! I think the Matthew’s v3 is more appealing to my eye but I wasn’t buying a bow to look cool, I was buying to have more hunt opportunities and fill the freezer!

mbro

FNG
Compared to my first deer you did get a beast! Well done!

Thank you! My bow felt like it weighed 45 pounds when he walked out, I was shaking like a leaf. I’ve never had an adrenaline rush like that lol

Mkinz

FNG
Awesome review & recommendations. Was able to shoot one recently. Might have to pick one up. Thanks all

bsnedeker

WKR
It is about time for an upgrade and this is on my short list of contenders. Thanks for the review
If you buy one you will kill a 6x6 public land bull with it the next hunting season. That's what happened to me anyway.

Shot the Ventum Pro 33 last week. Draw cycle is much like my Mathews Z7 where it builds up and has a steep and sudden drop.. For me it gave the reassurance that it was fully back and into the back wall.

WIth the snow we just had roll thru, i think I earned enough cash to finally upgrade.