Huge shout-out to Schnees

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
I recently sent my 2 year old pair of Timberlines in for the rand coming slightly separated on the right boot. And the sole also had a slight crack in it. I figured theyd glue it up and call it a day. Instead they sent me a brand new pair with the upgraded hardware. I'm blown away. I love companies like this. They currently have a sale going now where I bought the Granite Pros to try Im so impressed.

twodogs

FNG
I recently sent my 2 year old pair of Timberlines in for the rand coming slightly separated on the right boot. And the sole also had a slight crack in it. I figured theyd glue it up and call it a day. Instead they sent me a brand new pair with the upgraded hardware. I'm blown away. I love companies like this. They currently have a sale going now where I bought the Granite Pros to try Im so impressed.
They've also treated me well the couple of times I've had a boot issue. As such, I own two pairs of Beartooths, a pair of Timberlines, a pair of their insulated pacs and a pair of their uninsulated pacs. My wife has several different Schnees boots as well.

OP
B

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
Thoughts on the granite pro.
I've been looking at them myself
Got them, and I say undoubtedly they're the worst boot I've ever strapped to my foot. They are the narrowest and shortest running boot Schnees makes imo. I do not like the lacing system AT ALL. I couldn't get even pressure where I wanted it across my foot.
They have without a doubt the worst heel lift I've experienced in a boot. I figured there'd be some because of the stiffness but this is on another level.
When I walked forward the boot doesn't flex at the right spot my toes flex, so that that caused even more discomfort.
Honestly never had a boot that had more red flags out of the box than these. Definitely going back.
And far weirder is the insoles are clearly heavily used insoles?? You can clearly see and feel someone's foot and toe indents in the insole from heavy use. Aw gross.. and the uppers have hair all over them.
I also ordered Crispis new briksdal pro sfs, and they're a dream. No hot spots, no heel lift whatsoever, the best lacing system I've ever used, and proper width and length. They're amazing

Attachments

• 20230526_062713.jpg
    20230526_062713.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 20230526_062716.jpg
    20230526_062716.jpg
    512.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230526_062749.jpg
    20230526_062749.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 50

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Got them, and I say undoubtedly they're the worst boot I've ever strapped to my foot. They are the narrowest and shortest running boot Schnees makes imo. I do not like the lacing system AT ALL. I couldn't get even pressure where I wanted it across my foot.
They have without a doubt the worst heel lift I've experienced in a boot. I figured there'd be some because of the stiffness but this is on another level.
When I walked forward the boot doesn't flex at the right spot my toes flex, so that that caused even more discomfort.
Honestly never had a boot that had more red flags out of the box than these. Definitely going back.
And far weirder is the insoles are clearly heavily used insoles?? You can clearly see and feel someone's foot and toe indents in the insole from heavy use. Aw gross.. and the uppers have hair all over them.
I also ordered Crispis new briksdal pro sfs, and they're a dream. No hot spots, no heel lift whatsoever, the best lacing system I've ever used, and proper width and length. They're amazing
Well thats no good. Somone likely put them back in the wrong place and they got shipped out accidentally. We're happy to get them back and take care of you. Give us a call at 800-922-1562.

As for the other issues, those are really break-in related. The granites are very stiff, and the leather we make them from is physically stiffer and more rigid than our other boots. So out of the box, it doesn't want to give at all. But once they break in, the leather conforms to your foot/ankle more and they get super comfortable. I went through the same think with my granites. Now they're like mountain slippers. The other boot you have is a mid height boot, with more synthetic materials, so there would be much less break in typically. - matt

Fozzy26

Lil-Rokslider
What’s the stiffness like between the granite pros vs the pro sf? Thanks!

OP
B

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
They're extremely comparable imo. But the Pro Sfa are so comfy. I can't believe how little breakin they had being a flex 5. I adore them

Fozzy26

Lil-Rokslider
They're extremely comparable imo. But the Pro Sfa are so comfy. I can't believe how little breakin they had being a flex 5. I adore them
So you would say the SF’s and the granite pros have the same stiffness? I agree the SF’s are very comfortable, I just worry about the insulation being too hot

skeptic

FNG
The Schnees guys are awesome to deal with. I really want to wear their boots, but they just don't work for me. None the less, if they do, they are a good company and have a solid ownership team.