Hunting Backpack / pack frame, what's the best?

looking for the ideal hunting back pack, for day trips just food, water, misc. gear and clothing only. capable of expanding to pack out an elk quarter, capable of holding a bow or gun. Any suggestions?

Numerous posts addressing this same question in the "backpacks" forum. Use the search function, you should find plenty of opinions and information.

19hunt92

Lil-Rokslider
I will throw in my .02 and say that the mystery ranch metcalf has done well for me. It is a larger bag that i use for small applications rather than a small bag for large applications. Robust and comfortable

Dharby

FNG
I asked basically the same question and researched it to death. You can look at my thread but I ended up with a stone glacier.

OP
W
Thanks, i'm new to this site and I missed the backpack thread. I'll read through all of that content.

I was looking for the same thing recently and went with the Mystery Ranch Sawtooth. Haven't gotten to pack an animal out with it yet, but have put a lot of practice miles on it. I've had up to 65lbs in it while training and am very pleased with how it carries the weight. Definitely worth checking into.

Jasper17

FNG
I bought the Stone Glacier Evo3300 with the Crux frame and I tried on several of the mystery ranch packs and for me it was like when you put on the right pair of boots you just know. I also researched them to death and found a place that I could try them on for fit comparison. Good luck in your search its a tough one with the cost of all the brands its difficult.

*zap*

WKR
I think all the 'major' packs are good and offer various options but it really may come down to which one fits you the best. I picked up a MR guide lite, SG x-curve and a old SG Krux to evaluate. As far as bags I have a MR mule and a SG sky Archer 6200 to play with but I have two military bags that will fit right on the guide lite, a TAG recon ruck and a FILBE. I would really like to try the new MR frame if the guide lite works out.
The FILBE bag is a huge pack bag with some good features and could be an inexpensive bag option if you go with a guide lite and I have found the radio pouches in military packs to be very useful for keeping heavier items up high and close to your shoulders.
I just whitetail hunt and backpack camp but the very cold weather clothes can add up and so does stand, sticks/steps or a climber plus I do not want to be dragging deer a mile any more....