Hunting clothes

pshoot

FNG
I’m looking for some new good quality hunting clothes but I don’t want to spend a billion trying to buy it all. Anybody have any suggestions on a good quality brand that’s not crazy expensive?

Bump79

WKR
I'd shop around. Don't get married to a brand - just go with what works. Where are you hunting?

If you like solid - the Black Ovis stuff is amazing for the price on Camofire. I'd shop here on the classifiedsto get the best deals.

For a Sept Elk/Mule deer hunt I run something like this:
Black Ovis 150 1/4 zip merino top
Kuiu Peloton 200 1/4 zip top
Pnuma 3L rain jacket & pant (on sale 40% often).
Decathlon Synthetic Puffy Jacket
Zip off baselayer bottoms (Kuiu, black ovis etc)
Black Ovis Cottonwood pant

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
Run though the classifieds on this forum and you can pick up some great gear at a steep discount. Like the post above says blackovis has some decent merino. I’d steer away from wasting your money on good rain gear unless your hunting the coast.

jchamwv

FNG
All of the well known brands run sales throughout the year. I use everything from REI, Smartwool and First Lite to Kuiu and Darn Tough. Haven't paid full price yet.

All of the well known brands run sales throughout the year. I use everything from REI, Smartwool and First Lite to Kuiu and Darn Tough. Haven't paid full price yet.

Yup over the course of a year just about all brands will be on sale. Doesn't hurt to buy something used either(except maybe socks and baselayers).

You need to figure out what your budget is. $1k can go a long way

Baselayers will run ya $175 on sale
Mid layer jacket/ hoodie $150-250 on sale or used
Pants $75-150 used or on sale
Outer Rain Shell.. -- These are probably the most expensive but ~$300-500 used or on sale
Technical Boots- $100-250 used $250-450 on sale or new

ARK08

FNG
I got Mossy Oak from their online store.
It's affordable, durable, and fits a big guy well.

cumminsbassguy

Lil-Rokslider
I use a myriad of different hunting clothing. As it has been mentioned above, look for deals on here. There are killer ones to be had quite often. My name brand stuff is all used, other items are what I have been issued over the years.. here's a quick run down of the clothing items I utilize.
Timberline pants - used
Duluth Flexpedition pants- 40% off.
Mil issued silky base layers - issued
Mil issued midweight layers- issued
1/4 zip grid fleeze sleep shirt- issued
Darn tough socks- 30% off
IA pack - used, steal of a deal
Under armor storm puffy- 40% off

I feel you you can kinda get the jist of what I am saying. Great deals can be had and your get out can be had for a super reasonable price.

Honyock

WKR
As someone else said, watch the Rokslide classifieds and save some money. Lots of "never worn" or "worn once" at good discounts. I primarily use Sitka and Kuiu and I have not paid full price for anything. Kuiu has some good sales and Sitka "discontinued" sales are the way to go.

Love the black ovis stuff but the Sitka is definitely worth it. Especially if you can find it on sale