I know it's not a sheep but I drew NM IBEX!

Virginian

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats. That's a hunt I've always wanted to do. I definitely don't think you can go wrong for hiring a guide for that hunt. Take a bunch of pics and share your story and good luck!

I didn't even know there was such a thing until today. Congrats on the tag and good luck! I originally wanted to poke fun about hunting a non-native but then realized I hunt deer and goats on Kodiak and put in for a dang tag to hunt plains bison in interior AK every year. Nice reality check. Hunting is hunting!

bradb

WKR
Awesome tag! I had the muzz tag and it was a blast. Did it with friends and a kid off another site that all but begged to help Derrik Harris. He know has his own guide business South Peak Guide Service (named after a big peak Ibex hang on down there)
I highly suggest calling him

Give me a shout if you want to talk 608-574-2026

KHNC

WKR
Wade Johnson took Shockey one year. Shockey said it was the toughest hunt he had ever done. Those NM cliffs are a beast i hear.

Austink47

WKR
I had the January bow hunt last year. It was the best ass kicking of my life. The Floridas are a truly spectacular place. I am by no means an expert but am happy to help out anyway I can. Congratulations and good luck. You are in for an adventure.

huntr6

FNG
Seems like a lot of people posting on social media they drew an ibex tag this year. Congrats and good luck to the hunters.

Elkangle

WKR
Il be down there as a spotter in January, would love to exchange some prep ideas for gear and hunting styles if people have them...should be an awesome hunt !!

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Awesome tag! I had the muzz tag and it was a blast. Did it with friends and a kid off another site that all but begged to help Derrik Harris. He know has his own guide business South Peak Guide Service (named after a big peak Ibex hang on down there)
I highly suggest calling him

Give me a shout if you want to talk 608-574-2026

How funny, Derik is the guy I contacted! I think he and I will work well together.