I lost my dog today.....

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
Open to ideas on the gofundme title for the rescuers
I tried to buy these guys lunch, fuel....whiskey....whatever.

They just wished to pay it forward. Any of you who know me, know that im a huge proponent of just that and when I called on friends and strangers alike, there was no hesitation. This is what our community should be about, not gouging ammo or judging style.....helping others make a legitimate difference.

Thanks to all on this one. I never realized how much I'd miss thisScreenshot_20210525-141902_Photos.jpg ol dog till she wasn't hassling me for food.

fwafwow

WKR
Wow - class acts. If you can think of a charity that is near and dear to their hearts, please let us know.

coldchow

FNG
Took my pup and my 14 year old Drahthaar for a hike above lake PO in north Id and my old dog vanished. She's deaf and not in fantastic shape but was doing well. She took off to see my wife and I never saw her again.

We had a few friends in the area who gave us a hand hiking through the area again....but no dice. At this point I'm not sure if she just cashed in her chips and we walked past her or she caught wind of something and went into Drahthaar mode.....or we were on a scary steep face that ended in the kind of fall that would be the end of the story.

At this point I'm hoping someone spots her and calls me....but my sense of reality is telling me that my dog has to go out in the last way I'd wish for her.

This sucks.
Glad to learn you found your companion. Nothing quite like the love from a dog.

FLAK

WKR
So good to hear some good news for a change.
I kept ignoring this thread title because I had to put my
dog down last summer. Thought i'd be ok - I wasnt.
Bawled like a 7 yr. old. He was my best buddy.

I am so Thankful you found your dog. God Bless!!

aorams

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been anguished over this since you started the thread! I’m so happy you found your dog!

ndforbes

FNG
Like so many others have said, CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so glad to hear that all of the hard work, some great help, and a little luck lead to a happy ending to a terrifying story.