I lost my dog today.....

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I lost my draahtar in the Bunco about a decade ago. Used to mountain bike with him tagging along and he just disappeared one time above Farragut. Found him the next day, in a torrential downpour. Had my girlfriend with me to help look, she was a trooper even with the terrible rain... married her after that one haha.

One time a friend was involved in a car accident and his dog was ejected from the vehicle and ran off scared. Looked all over of course but didn't find him. He appeared in a farmstead 10 days later skinny and starving. Uncertain if he had any water in that time, it did snow. Think he was holed up in a row of round hay bales. The lesson being, dogs are damn tough, don't give up hope too soon. Good luck OP.

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
Took my pup and my 14 year old Drahthaar for a hike above lake PO in north Id and my old dog vanished. She's deaf and not in fantastic shape but was doing well. She took off to see my wife and I never saw her again.

We had a few friends in the area who gave us a hand hiking through the area again....but no dice. At this point I'm not sure if she just cashed in her chips and we walked past her or she caught wind of something and went into Drahthaar mode.....or we were on a scary steep face that ended in the kind of fall that would be the end of the story.

At this point I'm hoping someone spots her and calls me....but my sense of reality is telling me that my dog has to go out in the last way I'd wish for her.

This sucks.

Lost my 3yo Drathaar chukar hunting.... went back to last place we were together and left my sweatshirt

Came back in the am, guess who was happy to see who!!!! (She had made a bed with it)

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fwafwow

WKR
I’m so sorry, but it sounds like there is hope. Good luck and please keep us posted.

I hope you find her. Maybe an idea is to get your kids to put it out on social media tonight , there are probably lots of college kids and folks that live 24/7 on social media near that lake and someone might be willing to take you out there. A lot of people will do anything to help save a dog...

Vandy321

WKR
That's great news,
I just heard her bark but she is in a spot ill never make tonight. She is right above the water in echo bay.

I have a call in to the sheriff to see if they can cruise the shore.....ugg.
That's awesome dude...I'll echo, head to the boat ramp, I can't picture the guy who turns down a ride to someone trying to rescue his dog. At worst, maybe you can get some food and a blanket of yours down along the shoreline or she can see the headlamps (being deaf and all) keep us posted, prayers for your pup and trusting you'll be back together soon!

BBob

WKR
I hope you get her, It'd about kill me to have to leave my doggo out lost another night. Hopefully you can rustle up some boat support and get out there this evening. Fingers crossed for you guys!

Hoping you find her soon, my Draht is 13 and I’m worried every time I take her on a hike. I think I might pick up one of those Garmin units to avoid the trauma.

good luck and keep us posted!