Idaho 62 a spring bear

Bsnyder

WKR
Hey all, I read a lot and post very little but looking at doing my first spring bear hunt with a friend that just moved to that area any one have any tips of tricks or advice? You cNt bait that area nor do I know where to begin on how to but any info on the area would be great, things like times the come out of the den, little things like that. Thanks!

OP
B

Bsnyder

WKR
Anyone, hunt in or around, I called game and fish today trying to find a week to go

Hunted 62 last year. Crossed griz tracks a time or two then bro got one last day.
Thick country. 62a seems to have some more timber harvest in it that might be the best place to start

OP
B

Bsnyder

WKR
Thanks that helps, trying to find a place to start is the hardest part, did you try calling them in at all? or what do you think of that idea?

If you attempt calling black bears in 62A, don't be suprised when you see coyotes and possibly wolves instead of bears. Electronic calls are not allowed for big game, so I'd choose a mouth call.

Elkhntr08

WKR
I want a partner watching my 6 when calling bear. They come in looking for a meal and you’re it. It amazes me how quiet they can be. You’ll never know they’re there until it’s too late.
Hunted outside of Ashton a few years ago and saw a couple big bears. Son and I saw the same boar in the same place several days in a row. Wish I’d went and bought a bear tag because the elk hunting was slow.
Hunt slopes that are greened up in the spring.

OP
B

Bsnyder

WKR
To bad wolf isn't open when I want to go. that sounds like a blast!

Thanks that helps, trying to find a place to start is the hardest part, did you try calling them in at all? or what do you think of that idea?

We did not attempt any calling. I planned on coating my brothers boots in bacon grease but after cutting griz tracks on drive in gave it up.