Idaho hunting license

Well no luck getting through due to covid virus limited staffing. looked up my tag. It says Island Park A elk. shipped 4/17/2020. I also have a Depredation and hunt/fish license. Can't find any place about purchasing a archery permit? I do have my hunter ed Id number in my personal info.
Did you not check the "Permit" section when you choose "PURCHASE A LICENSE, TAG OR PERMIT" online?

fwafwow

WKR
@Smurph - go to the Hunter Education portion of your account. Under Hunter Education you should have put in a "regular" hunter ed #. Below that there is an option for putting in a *Bowhunter Education* number. If you do that, then the archery permit will appear under the permit tab. If you don't have a Bowhunter Education number, then you can sign and send an affidavit by fax or email (including your name, address, DOB and SS#), or you can try to figure out how to provide proof that you have held an archery-only tag/license in another state. I expect the last option can be done in person (the F&G person I spoke to didn't know), but I'm not sure how you do it online.

Smurph

FNG
Got the affidavit downloaded, completed, and returned this morning. What a pain in the butt for an archery permit!
I guess soon I will somehow be able to actually purchase my permission slip to hunt with my bow!

d3ntalbliss

Lil-Rokslider
More obvious? Literally the first line of Archery Only Season:
"Any person hunting in an archery only season, including controlled hunts, must have in their possession their license with archery permit validation. "

I don't care about the fee, I just wish it was more obvious on the site that it's needed, and how to do it. And it's not just me - the RS member who alerted me to the rule had similar comments, and I had another RS member PM me privately today to ask "what archery permit requirement?"

Don't worry, I won't be hunting where you will be hunting.

fwafwow

WKR
This has now been beat to death in two threads, but the portion of the site where you buy tags, licenses and permits isn’t obvious until you figure out that you need to have taken a bowhunter education class, then put that certificate number into a field in your account, and then the permit shows up as an option. An there is nothing, anywhere, that explains how to input on the site the proof of an archery permit from a prior state, apart from signing an affidavit (which can’t be submitted on the site).

Yes, one should read the regs of every state you even *consider* hunting in, before you buy the licenses, and tags.

Smurph

FNG
I wont claim to have read the Idaho Regs. cover to cover and memorized it. But, I thought the license referred to the actual hunting/fishing license and the achery permit referred to the island park tag I had purchased (especially since there were no obvious options for other archery permit purchases needed) . My bad. Thanks to those that helped me out.