If you could only have one...

Rokwiia

WKR
Seek Outside Revolution Fortress 6,300 with a top lid, Talon, and XL hip pockets. It has an X-Pac bag with no zipper so it everything inside will stay bone dry. It's cubic-inch capacity is absolutely enormous yet the main bag rolls down into nothing for daypack usage. It had a load shelf and can comfortably carry whatever I ask of it.

OP
cBurton5

cBurton5

FNG
Metcalf with a daypack lid. Small enough to day hunt. Add pockets and use the shelf for overload.

This was at the top of my list but after reading on here and seeing so many SG, exo and Kifaru post I’m second guessing. Really like that sg sky talus/curve combo after looking at it.

- - - Updated - - -

SG sky talus 6900 /X-curve frame. So far I've packed out a couple bull elk and 4 deer with it and it am still very happy with the setup.

What gun bearer do you use or how do you haul your rifle?

Kotaman

WKR
This was at the top of my list but after reading on here and seeing so many SG, exo and Kifaru post I’m second guessing. Really like that sg sky talus/curve combo after looking at it.

- - - Updated - - -

What gun bearer do you use or how do you haul your rifle?

THE stone Glacier Gun bearer is about as good as it gets IMO.

Kifaru duplex hunter frame and reckoning bag. Great in for day pack and extended hunts.
Best rig I’ve ever run.
Mark

Have owned them all in duplicate. Recently purchased a SG EVO and it was horribly uncomfortable just like the krux was for me. Returned and decided to give the X-Curve a try. OMG comfortable!!!! Incredible carry currently with a 3300 Solo and a 35L OR Dry bag in bottom if needed.

MTElk1987

FNG
I love the SG 5900. Packed out two bulls, a mulie, and part of my dad’s moose this year. It compresses down great for day mode and can haul 7+ days of gear if I don’t feel like taking my horses.

sszelong

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t tried any other company than SG. I ran the X curve and after using it, I won’t be using any frame but that one. I had a 5900 bag on the x curve with ~40# in MT this season. Packed out a Muley with it and was rock solid. Customer service is awesome too. Any questions I had felt like I was talking to someone over a beer. If they are in your budget I would recommend the SG x curve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bozeman

WKR
I find it amazing how people are so different. I have tried the big names (Kifaru, Exo, MR, SG) and on a whim ttied a Seek Outside when they had their 20% off sale. I must say, it is the lightest and most comfortable yet. Spent a little over an hour again today on the local high school stadium bleachers with 45lbs in it and really hugs and fits like a glove. With the 4,800 cu in capacity and a 500 cu in lid and talon, I am quite sure it's going to serve me well this fall! Wish you the best in your search, took me 3 years. :)

Tailz190

FNG
So this thread ended going from if you only had one pack to what pack are you running now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raghornklr

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had just about everything, and right now all I have is a Stone Glacier 40/56. Makes a compact daypack without the lid, also good for >10 days of backpack hunting with the lid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have this same setup and it’s my do all pack.

JigStick

WKR
I would go with a Kifaru AMR and send it to Native Textiles and have it modded into a panel loader. The perfect pack