I’m not much into politics, but man this burns my a**

brsnow

WKR
It is unlikely to shift the views of the fringe left and right, but I don’t mind having a few exchanges with both groups as typically many less extremist types also read these threads and can find some value.

kiddogy

WKR
And if liberals really cared about humanity........they wouldn't be pushing some so-called "women's rights" at the expense of humanity. Killing an unborn baby (because a woman wants to) is the definition of inhumanity. I'm sure not all liberals support inhumanity, but even association with folks that have that thinking is a major tarnish on anyone's reputation. And "kill the innocent babies, but save the guilty death row convicts" doesn't help anyone's case for logical thinking either.
anyone in this day and age ,that votes democrat, votes inhumanity.
this is simply an undeniable fact! no more no less.

don't believe me ??? all one must do is look at the democrat platform to see what they stand for.

maybe there was a time it was not so but those days are long gone.

it is the very reason why trump rose to power and they now have mounted their last ditch impeachment scam.
even they know they got nothing to offer.

tdhanses

WKR
anyone in this day and age ,that votes democrat, votes inhumanity.
this is simply an undeniable fact! no more no less.

don't believe me ??? all one must do is look at the democrat platform to see what they stand for.

Hard to argue that with how the far left fringe has taken over that party. They have gone so far as to even push away their moderate base to a point. While the conservative base has become more moderate.

Hard to also argue with how well this country is doing all around. Only way you can deny that is by putting blinders on because you don’t want to see success from the opposing party.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
anyone in this day and age ,that votes democrat, votes inhumanity. this is simply an undeniable fact! no more no less.

I agree, but as was stated above........people aren't likely to change on their own. That's why we keep trying to educate. I have a buddy that is an electrician. Well, most electricians belong to some sort of union. He was the only Republican in the entire shop. Notice I didn't say "conservative". Because once he started talking to the other guys, a lot of those guys that were registered Democrats suddenly realized that they really were conservatives with conservative values as well. But they had always been taught to vote Democrat because of the union.

brsnow

WKR
Hard to argue that with how the far left fringe has taken over that party. They have gone so far as to even push away their moderate base to a point. While the conservative base has become more moderate.

Hard to also argue with how well this country is doing all around. Only way you can deny that is by putting blinders on because you don’t want to see success from the opposing party.

it would seem they are having their Tea Party type moment.

kiddogy

WKR
cept they've been having it for about 40 years or so now.

did you at least bother to read the link I posted?

I doubt you will grasp it but at least read it.

Last edited:

kiddogy

WKR
I agree, but as was stated above........people aren't likely to change on their own. That's why we keep trying to educate. I have a buddy that is an electrician. Well, most electricians belong to some sort of union. He was the only Republican in the entire shop. Notice I didn't say "conservative". Because once he started talking to the other guys, a lot of those guys that were registered Democrats suddenly realized that they really were conservatives with conservative values as well. But they had always been taught to vote Democrat because of the union.
yeah, I have the same thing in my own family. they are actually conservatives but they buy into all the media hype and vote dem. have a one on one discussion about what they actually believe and they despise all the dems stand for , yet are still voting for them. I just don't get it.

Gumbo

WKR
You do realize everything you just said is bad is what made Cabela’s in the first place. Yes take from others to give to others to waste because what do we do when things are just handed out, we care less about them vs earning it.

Not exactly my thought. It must be out of a sense of altruism, like Ford paying higher wages than he had to out of a sense of doing right by the people. It is more about ethics, morals, and being as concerned with the welfare of others and society as you do for yourself.

tdhanses

WKR
Not exactly my thought. It must be out of a sense of altruism, like Ford paying higher wages than he had to out of a sense of doing right by the people. It is more about ethics, morals, and being as concerned with the welfare of others and society as you do for yourself.

So should the Cabela’s brother never of invested, grew and given people in a small town opportunity? Is it wrong they wanted to cash out, no different then when you’ll want to retire? This is the issue you have, you’ll stifle jobs and innovation thinking that way and in the end the overall population will be far worse off.

Also will you give up everything material you have so others that don’t can have it, or does this not apply to the middle class in the US which is far better off then 95% of the world? It’s easy to say take from the rich but what you don’t realize is the majority of the US population is the rich when compared to the world.

Last edited:

tdhanses

WKR

Ha, not even close, Trumps views are more moderate leaning and not far off from Democrats 10 years ago. Truthfully out of any politician he has views that lean both ways, if you actually look at what he has done and ignore his talking.

Beendare

WKR
Wow....Rocksliders solving world problems.....cool.

Along that vein.......Unrestrained Capitalism can be a brutal thing. We cannot "just let them eat cake"....its in everybody's best interest to lift the lower class and have a thriving middle class.

We have to have some government regulations to reign in capitalism as business will always be smarter than politicians...running circles around them actually.

An example is the high frequency trading in the stock market. The market is being manipulated by some very smart Algos that some claim accounts for over 50% of actual trades...some computers capable of 10,000 trades a second. This is manipulation of the system...pure and simple.

The politicians of today are getting worse promising YOU freebies and knee jerk laws....instead of initiating smart legislation. We all know its not going to solve violence by taking away guns from law abiding citizens.

These liberal/progressive [whatever the term] politicians are just not thoughtful leaders. In our system, THE ONLY way to change this is to get involved and vote....which is like getting a tooth pulled for most of us.

This congress had a chance to actually do something. Instead they have fought Trumps MAGA at every turn. They have literally done NOTHING.

They could have passed Trumps 'full disclose in Health care' or some thing similar exposing what the Hospitals pay the insurance companies- a fraction of what a walk in pays. This is a TRAVESTY....and a solution can be found to make this more equitable.

My wife works in HC....and a large part of increased costs is Gov paperwork has doubled under Obamacare. This drives up costs big time. Why should she be required to ask and report if there is a gun in the house? This can be solved by reducing the red tape and streamlining the system.

In fact, so many good ideas to streamline HC....

Tax laws; so many loopholes can be removed.....and ideas that make things more equitable. The 'Just Take from the rich' blather should be seen as just another stupid knee jerk solution.

Billinsd

WKR
Some people just lack the intellect or willingness to look at issues for what they are. Its Its easier to fall back on the default of unthinking tribalism and painting everyone into us vs them.
Us humans are hardwired to behave this way. It's what we had to do to survive in the wild. I've been training myself not to be tribal and paint us versus them for decades. Intellectually I don't want to do this, but it's extremely hard for me.

Billinsd

WKR
back in the early 2000’s the exception for charitable giving was not in place for a year and the amount of giving went down tremendously. If the gov doesn’t provide insentive most don’t give for example.
Or more likely, most people are still selfish even if they give to charities. Most people are driven at least in part by incentives. Carrots and sticks. Craving pleasure, pushing away pain. We all do it, it's a basic human trait. It can become a problem at the lengths we go to get pleasure and avoid pain.

kiddogy

WKR
Ha, not even close, Trumps views are more moderate leaning and not far off from Democrats 10 years ago. Truthfully out of any politician he has views that lean both ways, if you actually look at what he has done and ignore his talking.
well that is a complete fabrication of the truth but I do hope some moderates believe it.

BuzzH

WKR

Agree...plus:

Ford was smart enough to realize you had to pay a wage high enough to your own employees so they could afford the product you're selling and they're manufacturing.

Billinsd

WKR
His "views" are all over the place, but mostly moderate, populist, however, much of what he's been doing is very Conservative: building up military, protecting the border, negotiating better deals with other countries, standing up for our soldiers and sailors when they are accused of war crimes and attacking the VA. Increasing the debt is my biggest complaint. I'll pretty much vote for anyone who will balance the budget. If the county's bankrupt nothing really matters much. About 80% or more that Trump has gotten has been fantastic to me.

kiddogy

WKR
Wow....Rocksliders solving world problems.....cool.

Along that vein.......Unrestrained Capitalism can be a brutal thing. We cannot "just let them eat cake"....its in everybody's best interest to lift the lower class and have a thriving middle class.

We have to have some government regulations to reign in capitalism as business will always be smarter than politicians...running circles around them actually.

An example is the high frequency trading in the stock market. The market is being manipulated by some very smart Algos that some claim accounts for over 50% of actual trades...some computers capable of 10,000 trades a second. This is manipulation of the system...pure and simple.

The politicians of today are getting worse promising YOU freebies and knee jerk laws....instead of initiating smart legislation. We all know its not going to solve violence by taking away guns from law abiding citizens.

These liberal/progressive [whatever the term] politicians are just not thoughtful leaders. In our system, THE ONLY way to change this is to get involved and vote....which is like getting a tooth pulled for most of us.

This congress had a chance to actually do something. Instead they have fought Trumps MAGA at every turn. They have literally done NOTHING.

They could have passed Trumps 'full disclose in Health care' or some thing similar exposing what the Hospitals pay the insurance companies- a fraction of what a walk in pays. This is a TRAVESTY....and a solution can be found to make this more equitable.

My wife works in HC....and a large part of increased costs is Gov paperwork has doubled under Obamacare. This drives up costs big time. Why should she be required to ask and report if there is a gun in the house? This can be solved by reducing the red tape and streamlining the system.

In fact, so many good ideas to streamline HC....

Tax laws; so many loopholes can be removed.....and ideas that make things more equitable. The 'Just Take from the rich' blather should be seen as just another stupid knee jerk solution.

they have to offer freebies . all the "smart legislation this country ever needed was implemented long ago.lol
they have to do something to convince the public they are still needed .

this is only partly in jest.

kiddogy

WKR
Or more likely, most people are still selfish even if they give to charities. Most people are driven at least in part by incentives. Carrots and sticks. Craving pleasure, pushing away pain. We all do it, it's a basic human trait. It can become a problem at the lengths we go to get pleasure and avoid pain.
so what???????????????
americans still give away a ton of money to charities all over the world. no one has the right to tell another either how much or who to give to .or even that they must give.

Billinsd

WKR
yeah, I have the same thing in my own family. they are actually conservatives but they buy into all the media hype and vote dem. have a one on one discussion about what they actually believe and they despise all the dems stand for , yet are still voting for them. I just don't get it.
A lot of traditional, seemingly conservative Americans have a sticking point with Republicans. For my relatives, who were Roosevelt Democrats, it was that Democrats favored farmers more, and Republicans were mean rich, greedy people. The more successful my relatives were they were Republican and vica versa in general. My Roosevelt Grandparents were not wealthy. However, they worked hard and never took a dime from anyone. They were moderate Democrats.