Increase in Political Arguing & Banter?

Should Mods Create a Political Sub-Forum?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Spoonbill

WKR
It can get hard to seperate politics from other topics related to hunting, i.e. vaccines and travel, ammo, and politics that relate to hunting. I think its important for us to not respond when someone starts posting off topic comments. The mods ban hammer could be good for repeat offenders, just a thought.

ethan

WKR
I vote yes, but only because I won’t have to wade through them on the general forum!

Don't read what you don't want to read. When did we become so delicate the very existence of things we may not like is cause to eliminate them for everyone?
It’s not being delicate - it’s a hunting forum.

I don’t give two shits about your, or anyone else’s, political opinions. There are about a thousand other websites where you, I, and anyone else can go to discuss politics. This is a great forum, let’s keep it centered on hunting and hunting related topics. I come here for that in particular(and judging by the rest of this thread so do many others). It’s been a nice reprieve up until recently.

Either make a politics forum, or start banning the people who want to turn everything into politics.

edit: and let me make it clear it’s nothing personal about you or anyone else, I would just rather go elsewhere to discuss politics.

Last edited:

Squincher

WKR
It’s not being delicate - it’s a hunting forum.

I don’t give two shits about your, or anyone else’s, political opinions. There are about a thousand other websites where you, I, and anyone else can go to discuss politics. This is a great forum, let’s keep it centered on hunting and hunting related topics. I come here for that in particular(and judging by the rest of this thread so do many others). It’s been a nice reprieve up until recently.

Either make a politics forum, or start banning the people who want to turn everything into politics.

edit: and let me make it clear it’s nothing personal about you or anyone else, I would just rather go elsewhere to discuss politics.

Most of political issues discussed here relate directly to hunters and hunting, but by all means, lets ignore those issues and accommodate your sensibilities.

Trial153

WKR
The political crap is ruining this forum the same way it has ruined other forums.

Some people are so obsessed politically that they infuse that into everything the come in contact with. Asking for context and moderation from them is like pissing in the wind.

A no Politics rule is the best corse of action.

Traveler

WKR
I’d be interested in what the site metrics for this actually are. A couple months ago it seemed like a lot of political non hunting threads, but I actually feel like they have started to tail off in the last month or so...anecdotal and impression based, could be wrong.

AKDoc

WKR
I see pros/cons to the idea of a separate politics thread, but I voted "no".

Bottom line for me, I think the mod's and admin folks do a great job, and it should stay as it is until they feel that change is needed...even though it's already got to be a pain in the ass to mange at times for them. Hats off to you guys!

Like the vast majority of the Rokslide membership, I come here to talk about and share experiences of the hunting and outdoor world...which is a big part of my life. I sure don't come here to talk politics, and I don't.

That said, there are times that politics can/does impact our passion for the outdoors, but where to draw the line on that is for sure a challenge. Then add in several factual realities and it's the perfect storm for a shit-show at times, e.g., we humans vary greatly in self-management of our behavior, it takes very little response effort it to post something from a lap-top in the quick-draw position, someone might already be half in the bag, etc., etc.

It’s called general discussion. The thread titles are posted to read so we all know what we are getting into. Seems like it’d be better to self manage onesself versus creating a place the mods would have to traffic even more. Don’t want it in your life? Don’t open the door by clicking a thread with it in it.

peterk123

WKR
Politics only to the degree that it is dealing with sporting issues national and on the state level. Those are very important topics near and dear to all our hearts.

fatlander

WKR
Politics only to the degree that it is dealing with sporting issues national and on the state level. Those are very important topics near and dear to all our hearts.

I agree with this. We need to talk about the politics directly affecting hunting, i.e. bills that are about hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
Either way is fine with me.

This is the world we live in, and it's all relative. Politics is closely related to about everything we do especially as it relates firearms, hunting and public land issues.
If it's kept to a sub-forum it's a situation that folks can either choose to join in or avoid and still enjoy the 'normal' discussion forum.

Billinsd

WKR
Don't read what you don't want to read. When did we become so delicate the very existence of things we may not like is cause to eliminate them for everyone?
That's what I do. I CHOOSE what to read and what not to. There are some threads and posts that are very frustrating for me to read, so I don't. We are VERY alike the very right leaning, more Libertarian by the second me, and others real close to center. We all agree MUCH more than not. We argue bitterly about small differences of opinion or importance of things. We should be more KIND to each other, because we are all fighting a great battle!! We don't really know where each other is going through.