Inverter for air mattress pump

OP
CorbLand

CorbLand

WKR
They have AA and D pumps at walmart for like $20 that will inflate those air mattresses. They’re in the camping section and will heat up a bed of coals good too.
I looked at those but like the idea of not having to worry about batteries. My vehicle battery goes with me everywhere I go.

OP
CorbLand

CorbLand

WKR
Keep in mind that not all inverters are created equal. Most cheap inverters will generate a "noisier" AC output which some electronic devices will not like. Lights are honestly better run on the DC power these days anyway.
My question as someone that knows dick all about electricity, do I need to worry about that for an air mattress pump? That is all I will be using this for at this time.

BuckRut

Lil-Rokslider
My question as someone that knows dick all about electricity, do I need to worry about that for an air mattress pump? That is all I will be using this for at this time.
Probably not. Mostly going to be a problem for things with computer boards of some sort.

I picked up a 400w inverter from Walmart just to blow up our mattress at camp. Works great and pretty compact. Thought about a bigger one to run other things but glad I didn’t cause I’ve never needed it.

Cut the cigarette lighter end off and replace with a set of alligator clips and go directly to the pickup battery.

OP
CorbLand

CorbLand

WKR
Cut the cigarette lighter end off and replace with a set of alligator clips and go directly to the pickup battery.
Its more that the little pump doesnt have enough to fill it up. We ran it for about 20 minutes and it was maybe 1/5 of the way full. I finally walked over to the guys next to us and plugged it into their generator and it was full in less than 5 minutes. The built in pump is significantly bigger.

OP
CorbLand

CorbLand

WKR
Update on this. Bought a 400W and it worked perfect this weekend.

Thanks for the help.