Iron will sharpening

Haven’t used the small one from IW but it looks like it would be ok to add an edge back if no damage to the blades.

I use the stay sharp Diamond plates to take knicks and bent parts off the blade and start with a new edge. Need something more aggressive for that, and a consistent angle

Just uploaded a video sharpening the 200gn single bevel. I'm not great at video editing so it's a bit long. All I know to do is basically add fast forward to not so important areas. You obviously can skip around. Hope this helps some folks.

Plowboy85

Lil-Rokslider
Just uploaded a video sharpening the 200gn single bevel. I'm not great at video editing so it's a bit long. All I know to do is basically add fast forward to not so important areas. You obviously can skip around. Hope this helps some folks.

Thank you for that video, I skipped forward a bit and likely missed it but what is the blade holder apparatus?

paxamus

WKR
Work sharp elite works on both Iron Will double and single bevel.

61Y9o9Qb94L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

That’s a great idea. What angle are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the video!!

I'm only getting the sharpie off the edge of the blade. I've tired changing the angle in both directions. Why

If you have the older version of the KME it is set at 25 degrees basically. If you have the newer KME you have to also have the high angle plate that will take it up to the 32 degrees required for the IW single bevel. My setup for the IW single bevel is the new adjustable KME + high angle adapter plate + the shorter delta jaws.

This is what I use. Few fine pieces of sand paper and cardboard with buffing compound.

You can use other things to touch them up. This takes a little bit of time but puts a really good even edge on the blades.

I assume you're fairly happy with the results from the Stay Sharp? Do you sharpen the IW's beyond how they come from the factor? I just received some IW Wides and I plan on shooting them so they'll need some sharpening.

I'll be re-sharpening them on my 1K 4k and 8k grit stones instead of sandpaper.

JjamesIII

WKR
How does everyone on here sharpen their Iron wills?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spyderco v style sharpener. I use a piece of 6” shaft to hold the broadhead vertical and then finish with a strop. The bleeder suck, I remove them and replace as needed. One thing to point out, don’t let them get full like a butter knife before you resharpen them. A quick touch up is way easier to bring back an edge.

I assume you're fairly happy with the results from the Stay Sharp? Do you sharpen the IW's beyond how they come from the factor? I just received some IW Wides and I plan on shooting them so they'll need some sharpening.

I'll be re-sharpening them on my 1K 4k and 8k grit stones instead of sandpaper.

Yes, I'm happy with it.

I don't like the 8 edges or however many they have. I don't sharpen the edges on the back of the blade, just the main edge and the tip.

I don't touch up factory blades, I will after they have been used, but I find them plenty sharp as I receive them. If they get dinged up pretty good I usually just order new blades. I just use the stay sharp on them after they have been shot into foam a bit, before hunting with them.

I just lightly hit them on sandpaper that I set on granite, then buff on some cardboard.

I just lightly hit them on sandpaper that I set on granite, then buff on some cardboard.

If you get knee's deep into sharpening, I would suggest buying the Norton water stone kit. It comes with a 600/1000, 4000/8000, and re-surfacing stone. I already own it because I sharpen my own straight razors and kitchen knives. I found that after I started sharpening with the 4k and 8k stones, blades didn't "feel" as sharp if I ran my finger across the edge. But they were most certainly sharper because there were fewer micro burs; and the blades could literally be pushed through thick cuts of meat and stayed sharper longer.

All 3 will get shot into my Blob target, so I'm not too concerned that I can still grind marks on the blades. If need be I can always order replacement blades for hunting season

If you get knee's deep into sharpening, I would suggest buying the Norton water stone kit. It comes with a 600/1000, 4000/8000, and re-surfacing stone. I already own it because I sharpen my own straight razors and kitchen knives. I found that after I started sharpening with the 4k and 8k stones, blades didn't "feel" as sharp if I ran my finger across the edge. But they were most certainly sharper because there were fewer micro burs; and the blades could literally be pushed through thick cuts of meat and stayed sharper longer.

All 3 will get shot into my Blob target, so I'm not too concerned that I can still grind marks on the blades. If need be I can always order replacement blades for hunting season

I'm figuring on getting a Wicked Edge system next sharpening system I get.