Is Rokslide Wrong About Leupolds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just saying that if your idea of proving they don’t fail is with 160 people filling tags then you have a different idea than I do of what proves a scopes worth. And that’s fine. Like I said when you first got bent out of shape, leupolds are great for most people and they’ll never know different. You probably arnt taking 800-1200 yard shots practicing each week and putting hundreds of rounds down range. I am so I expect different results.
I've killed almost 400 big game animals, and never once, not remotely close to 800 yards, as it wasn't necessary. I like close, not lobbing rounds at ridiculous distances unless it's a 'yote, hog, or other vermin.

And that’s why probably why leupolds work great for you. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Nowhere near all of those were killed with Leupold scopes, at ranges out to 500 yards, only when the wind cooperates. I'd venture to say that most people who attempt 600+ yard shots and miss wouldn't know if it was due to the wind, bad shooting, their scope, mounts, or whatever. It would be a wildasss guess.

Few things I have learned personally.

Not to trust a Leupold or a fart. Most of the time you are ok, but damn if it won't surprise you at the worst time.

I removed Leupold from my life, and carry extra underwear.
It's not a requirement for everyone, I'll just suggest to others.
Can I put that on my gravestone? I’ll make sure they quote you.

Well, as much as Leupold scopes are trashed here, they seem to sell pretty quickly to the sliders who "know" they are junk. I bet they are bought as costly paperweights. Yeah, that's it. Well, I have at least 15 of them on rifles in 223 all the way up to 505 Gibbs and I have hunted with them for up to 35 years and am waiting for my first failure or wandering zero. Maybe I will experience one before I cash in. It better happen soon as i'm almost 64. BTW, I did recently purchase 2 NXS scopes just so I can see what all the rave is about. So far, the only difference is way more weight and less than spectacular optical quality. Oh yeah, one of the African outfitter guys had his rifle fall out of the back of a LandRover in a recent show and it was a Tenmile...it had to be rezero'ed. Just saying. Maybe we need to up the testing a bit.

Had it edit, I also have Leupolds on a bunch of handcannons on the Encore platform....like 8" bbl 500 S&W for instance. That scope takes a real beating from the massive recoil. Also one in a short barreled 378GNR (405 Winchester necked to .375) and pretty abusive to a scope. No failures after 100's of rounds.

Last edited:
Well, as much as Leupold scopes are trashed here, they seem to sell pretty quickly to the sliders who "know" they are junk. I bet they are bought as costly paperweights. Yeah, that's it. Well, I have at least 15 of them on rifles in 223 all the way up to 505 Gibbs and I have hunted with them for up to 35 years and am waiting for my first failure or wandering zero. Maybe I will experience one before I cash in. It better happen soon as i'm almost 64. BTW, I did recently purchase 2 NXS scopes just so I can see what all the rave is about. So far, the only difference is way more weight and less than spectacular optical quality. Oh yeah, one of the African outfitter guys had his rifle fall out of the back of a LandRover in a recent show and it was a Tenmile...it had to be rezero'ed. Just saying. Maybe we need to up the testing a bit.
Oh no..........you've done it now. RS heads are collectively exploding as we speak.

I've known many people with Leopold scopes that just have to "adjust a few clicks" every season like it's an acceptable thing. It moved because "it rode on an ATV rack" or "it fell over while leaning against a tree" or some other BS. Just because a scope was used to kill something doesn't mean that the scope didn't fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back