Is the Trijicon Credo the go to sub $1k dial scope?

Before I buy one, wanted to see if anyone else had researched and come to a different conclusion. SWFA was on my radar but want a MOA reticle and that pushed me to the 10x fixed and not 100% sure I want a fixed power scope. NF SHV was also on the radar but can find the credo about $200+ cheaper

Dialing repeatedly is important

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SloppyJ

WKR
I don't think you can go wrong with any you listed. For the $200, I'd take the NF though if the weight isn't too much for you. I will say though, I picked up a used 3x9 credo for $400 and was impressed.

OP
T
I don't think you can go wrong with any you listed. For the $200, I'd take the NF though if the weight isn't too much for you. I will say though, I picked up a used 3x9 credo for $400 and was impressed.

3-9 doesn’t have external dials correct?

JPubliqe

FNG

This, anything from either company is going to be good, but any of the NF scopes are going to have the best tracking in the industry outside of high end euro stuff. NF was literally made for people making on the fly changes.

Hnthrdr

WKR

3-9 does not have exposed turrets, they are capped and do not have zero stops, 3-9 comes in several different reticles I have the moa “hunter” one I actually really like, and a duplex, super solid basic 1” tube scope

OP
T
This, anything from either company is going to be good, but any of the NF scopes are going to have the best tracking in the industry outside of high end euro stuff. NF was literally made for people making on the fly changes.

I thought high end euro stuff didn’t track well?

SloppyJ

WKR

Correct, my point was that I actually use one. I also have a NX8. Obviously, they are for two totally different types of rifles but comparatively speaking, the Trijicon holds its own and punches well above its weight class.

Reddish

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the same boat. Been waiting for an SWFA 3-9, but not sure how long I'll have to wait. So trying to figure out the next best option. I like the Credo 2-10x36, but the reticle is really thin and I hunt timber quite a bit.

amassi

WKR
I thought high end euro stuff didn’t track well?

S&B works, one minox works, meopta works
So 3 high end Euro mfg can produce functional scopes.

3-9 does not have exposed turrets, they are capped and do not have zero stops, 3-9 comes in several different reticles I have the moa “hunter” one I actually really like, and a duplex, super solid basic 1” tube scope
When I ordered my "hunter" reticle, I wasn't sure I was going to like it. I love it. Illumination control on spot on. No washout in dark conditions on low power. I soon ordered a second with the hunter reticle.

Wrench

WKR
I have the trijicon, nightforce and swfa scopes. The trijicon punches way above it's price point.....as does the swfa.

I own and use a Trijicon 3-9X40 Credo (Green) and the 2.5-15X42.

The 3-9 really isn't a dialing scope in my opinion. There is no stop, you can very easily lose your zero if you accidently pull up on the adjuster and you only have a limited number of revolutions before it starts back at zero. It is really more of a set it and forget it scope. It is clear and the image is nice and the reticle (Mil in my case) is easy to see without illumination in both timber and out in the open in pretty much every lighting that I used it. (.05 Mil thick crosshairs)

The 2.5-15X42 is definitely a good dialing scope but the reticle is extremely thin. It isn't good in timber/low lighting without using the illumination for my eyes. (.035 Mil thick crosshairs) I had trouble losing the reticle on shadowed or mottled backgrounds in lower light or under trees.

Of course, I also had the same problem with the 6X and 3-15 SWFA scopes so it might be an eye thing with me and others wouldn't. :)

Last edited:

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
OP, what did you go with?

I'm in a similar boat, looking for 30mm tube, prefer a fixed duplex reticle like Leopold FX 6x42.

sveltri

WKR
I just started using my 2.5-15 Credo, I've only guess dialed shooting steel while fireforming. So far I really like the scope, but eye relief is a little picky after using the vx5. So far I am very happy with it in general and I am liking the reticle.

OP
T
OP, what did you go with?

I'm in a similar boat, looking for 30mm tube, prefer a fixed duplex reticle like Leopold FX 6x42.

When with a 10x SWFA scope. They’re cheap, they work and they’re durable. Shooting groups at 100 is a little more tricky than a 15x scope but other than that it’s worked out well

wyosam

WKR
I’ve been using 2 of the credo 2.5-15 scopes for a couple months- so far I like them a lot.