What’s your go to dial hunting scope?

JGRaider

WKR
The negative stuff on the internet comes from other people's personal experience, not from thin air.

Because we're not using binoculars to aim our rifles, change magnification, and make extremely fine adjustments to the aiming point via turret systems?

It's one thing to discount it if Form were the only one saying this stuff. But Leupold has a notorious reputation for poor tracking and zero retention. If there's a gigantic consensus on a piece of gear it usually means there's some substance to it.
Good points if all that were 100% true. There are loads of people that read about it without any personal experience and take it as the gospel. I'm not one of them. I also have never said people dont' have problems with certain scopes, but to elevate it to epidemic proportions is ridiculous IMO. I probably killed a couple thousand inches of mule deer with Leupold scopes, so I'm not one to believe all Leupy's suck. Taking anything read on the internet as gospel without personal knowledge is risky IMO.

It's a poor analogy anyway, as riflescopes aren't a matter of life or death, at least in my world.
I gotta disagree. When I use a realiable scope, aim at an animal and pull the trigger, the animal is dying. To bad you're not having the same experience.

JGRaider

WKR
I gotta disagree. When I use a realiable scope, aim at an animal and pull the trigger, the animal is dying. To bad you're not having the same experience.
I thought it was apparent that I was referring to "life or death" of a human being, as in riding in a POS airplane.

Killing animals is actually way easier than people make it out to be.

Jherek

Lil-Rokslider
Wow...... I've haven't been on here much lately, but when did Rokslide turn into
Facebook or Arcerhy talk? I guess a few know it all, or trolls can do that like on this post! Pretty disappointing.....

I literally took time out of my Sunday with my family to give my opinion to someone looking for people's opinions.... I literally said to my wife as I was typing my original response, I've learned SOOOO much over the years from this site. From podcast to general forums, to directly asking peoples opinions and advice. So much that I feel obligated to (do my part/pay it forward) and give some feed back from time to time. And here I basically get jumped by two people who clearly didn't completely read my response and are clearly Leupold fan boys. Which I will reiterate the scope is still on my gun and killed 5 animals this fall. I just don't have the faith to buy another because in the back of my mind someday it might coast me the animal of a lifetime.

I'm sorry I didn't know you had to have sworn affidavits from friends and family to make a decision on products that may have issues. (Sorry also I didn't mention) my coworker who has the exact same scope and one day pulls it out and has a piece of black floating around inside the scope. But I guess he's just a guy so how can I believe him, and I didn't personally experience it. Just like you with your Leica Geovids, you are just some internet guy, who clearly must be full of it about having 3 of them crap on you! Because I have a Lieca range finder and it's incredible, so clearly the story about your Leicas must be a lie because it's on the internet.

Anyway.... Not going to let a few ruin my outlook on this group. Happy hunting.

fwafwow

WKR
Wow...... I've haven't been on here much lately, but when did Rokslide turn into
Facebook or Arcerhy talk? I guess a few know it all, or trolls can do that like on this post! Pretty disappointing.....

I literally took time out of my Sunday with my family to give my opinion to someone looking for people's opinions.... I literally said to my wife as I was typing my original response, I've learned SOOOO much over the years from this site. From podcast to general forums, to directly asking peoples opinions and advice. So much that I feel obligated to (do my part/pay it forward) and give some feed back from time to time. And here I basically get jumped by two people who clearly didn't completely read my response and are clearly Leupold fan boys. Which I will reiterate the scope is still on my gun and killed 5 animals this fall. I just don't have the faith to buy another because in the back of my mind someday it might coast me the animal of a lifetime.

I'm sorry I didn't know you had to have sworn affidavits from friends and family to make a decision on products that may have issues. (Sorry also I didn't mention) my coworker who has the exact same scope and one day pulls it out and has a piece of black floating around inside the scope. But I guess he's just a guy so how can I believe him, and I didn't personally experience it. Just like you with your Leica Geovids, you are just some internet guy, who clearly must be full of it about having 3 of them crap on you! Because I have a Lieca range finder and it's incredible, so clearly the story about your Leicas must be a lie because it's on the internet.

Anyway.... Not going to let a few ruin my outlook on this group. Happy hunting.
I hear you man. Keep on keeping on. Heck, people like that aren’t even consistent. Won’t believe tests done by someone on the internet, but will believe reports on the internet about something else. Like a silencer shop.

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
I have had good luck with Huskemaw scopes on reliability. I have a 1-6x on a Ruger Scout rifle, a 3-12x on a 270 win, 4-16x on a 243 and a 300 win mag, and 5-20x on an AR and 264 win mag. No issues with them after a fair amount of dialing. I have a range with steel less than a mile from my house I set up, so I get to shoot more than most.

The 5-20x is my pick for whitetail hunting from a stand. The 50mm objective is an advantage in low light. Other than that the 4-16x is pretty good for an all-around scope. The reticle in the 1-6x is a little thicker than I like, but works pretty well on the scout.

Apparently they’re bought out and service is in the toilet! I purchased a probe tripod back in August and still waiting on delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk