Jeep Cherokee L experience

I have been flirting with the idea of one of these for a few years now. Post Covid, parts shortages had prices in the stupid category. they have come down quite a bit for new and used now. Need AWD for snow but I want it mainly for highway driving and some mild dirt roads. I am keeping my tundra for off-road and hunting.

I am thinking about a used 2021 or 2022 in the 30-50k miles zip code for $30-35k or going new 2024.

how are these things holding up?

They are really too new to figure out longevity.

That being said, my wife has a 2023 model. It’s got 20k on it so far and not a single issue. It’s only been back to the dealer once for a backup camera software update.

It’s a better record than my 2023 Chevy 2500.

I have a 2021 with 110,000 miles on it that has been trouble free. All I have done is put a fresh set of tires on it and drive the thing. It has the hemi so it does not get very good gas mileage. I’m getting around 18 miles to the gallon but it sure is fun to drive. It handles the snow really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hnthrdr

WKR
Have a 2022 that the wife and I leased out of a panic, new baby came and car prices had not fallen lease was still expensive, but way cheaper than a lot of of vehicles in the same class 600 a month vs 900-1000 for telluride or others. So far I’ve been impressed, smooth ride, taken it on mild to moderate FS roads and done great. 11k miles on it and zero complaints. Will probably turn it in soon and might get a new model. Or we might buy something now that prices are a little more back to earth

Ucsdryder

WKR
Rumor has it the new ones are getting cheap and will get a lot cheaper (rebates, finance help, etc). Might make sense to go new vs used.

Wife drives a 2019. Bought it a year ago but it was owned by a crazy person. Never drove it on gravel or in the rain or snow. It was probably nicer than new when we got it lol.
Wife has been pounding it down gravel everyday and promptly hit a deer with it. Haha but honestly if I didn’t need a 1ton diesel as a daily I’d drive that jeep. Great on the bad roads and comfy.